Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2003, 10:23 AM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Could you technically raise your stats almost infinitely in Baldur's Gate by constant exporting/importing? In the MP section you can choose how much a person can import. So, what if you only allowed stats, without the experince? Would you just be a really awesome 1st level cahracter, or a completely new one? If this works, then you could actually get a truly low THAC0!
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:33 AM   #2
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

If you by stats mean your STR, DEX, CON etc. then it has nothing to do with your XP. And yes if you beat the game again and again and read all the tomes, you can raise your STR, DEX, CON etc. not to infinite values, but to the 'high' number of 25.

If you by stats mean HP, level, thief abilities, it has everything to do with the XP. Setting the XP to zero should set the character level to 0 and the HP and thief skills to the initial values at level 0.

Sorry, but I do not think you have found a loop hole, but it is free to test it [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 03-13-2003, 10:28 PM   #3
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

Nothing stopping you from getting all the tomes that increase your ability scores, THEN exporting/importing said character and doing it AGAIN, etc. etc. ad nauseaum. If you have the patience for it, you could eventually have 25s across the board.
Old 03-14-2003, 02:23 PM   #4
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

it'd be ALOT quicker to just use gatekeeper
Old 03-14-2003, 03:01 PM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
No, I'm just going for a low THAC0. I don't want to CLUAConsole, or anything, I want to earn my abilities.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 10:41 PM   #6
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

Well said. I'm a big fan of doing things the hard way, as well. It's a lot more fun, and it greatly increased my creativity with profane and vulgar words and concepts.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:24 AM   #7
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

personally i think an Exp cap remover is the least cheating thing mentioned in this post, and its the one thing you're all trying to avoid. exp cap remover just removes the limits of what you can achieve, all the rest are just cheese
Old 03-15-2003, 08:57 AM   #8
StarVid
Elminster

Well, if you want to really feel like you earn it, I should mention that being able to use any tome more than once is a bug. You're supposed to only be able to use each tome once in a character's life.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:52 PM   #9
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

I never said I have done it, or that I intend to do it. I just rattled off the idea. I've never used any mods in any of my games.
Old 03-16-2003, 08:21 AM   #10
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

tomes arent mods, they're included in the original standard game. speaking of which, I just found my 3rd wisdom tome, so now my dwarven cleric has wisdon 21
woohoo [img]smile.gif[/img]