Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 01:20 AM   #1
Efreeti_Genie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, I have 3 questions that I need to know, and 1 that may help me later.
Just answer the questions with 1..2..3..4.., it will make it a whole lot easier.

1. When you get this quest from the second town mayor (Lord something), he asks that you find a wolf-creature that has been praying upon innocent victims. Where is it? Hiding in the bushes?, man I was beginning to think it was a Worg..
2. The little rolly-polly dragon head that the gnome made, do I have to go to the mines before I can destroy it? Or, can I tickle it's chin, and see if it malfunctions?..
3. OK, I got this one from the wizard guild guy back at V...., since I just started my wizard, and got this quest not so long ago, I need to know which town the serpent cult guy is. Is he near the first or second town, maybe he's waiting at the tavern for me to slaughter him..
4. Last one, I don't really need to know this, but when I read that spoiler about the Serpent Temple, I was getting all confused on the Naga and the last head witch. Which one is the giant snake? I am guessing it would be the naga. Oh, I have seen the snake, when you first come in, and it says something like "You hear tremendous hissing" or whatever, she just strolled right buy in her Sunday dress. Well since I am on the topic, you can help me with this too. The potion you get for returning Algemesh's necklace, what does it do? I don't want to waste a perfectly good bottle of poison..

Well, I may seem like a complete idiot, but I guess you can say, I am more interested in the main goal.

Oh, one more thing, when the dragon was following me, I ran into that guy that is looking for the Burial Grounds, the dragon was trying to make me his Sunday brunch, and he kinda toasted the one guy a little bit. It was kinda funny since, he said he wasn't afraid of the dragon because he knew his ancestors or something would protect him. I'd hate to see that guy in battle, "Do not worry about me, I will slay the Demi-Lich who lives in the Hellforge Tower, because my Ancestors will protect me!" *Boomp* He goes flying out a window, and lands his gut on a few tropical rocks. =>
Efreeti_Genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 03:11 AM   #2
Ambrosia
Welcomed New User

Hi, I'll try my best to answer your questions as clearly as possible =)

1) the man-wolf-beast that the mayor of Ishad N'ha asked you to kill (as far as I know) only lurks about at NIGHT (I got him at night). I found him wandering near the vast area west of the area where you find the dead miner's body for the stout mines writ/permit. If you haven't found the body yet, the area you'll find it is somewhere north/north-east of the stout mines but you have to get to the relatively large clearing first (you'll pass by 2 smaller clearings on your right in the stout mines area)

2)the rolly-polly dragon? would it be the bronze fire beast in the dragonspire caves that you're talking about? Well, I would suggest doing BOTH the stout mines and the boogre caves before heading to the dragonspire caves. Reason being there is NO physical shortcut from Ishad N'ha to Brimlock Roon. There IS a shortcut from Brimlock Roon back to Ishad N'ha (you do this by jumping off the cliff at Dragonspire but you can't jump back up as the cliff is too high up). Unless you've got some character with Level 6 Moon Spells for Create Portal and Teleport, you'llbe in for a longgg trek through the Dragonspire caves again (you will have to do it at least once though as you have to get the reward for the 3rd quest the town hall of Ishad N'ha gives you)

3)Serpent cult guy? If it's the wizard's guild quest from Valeia, the guy is actually wandering somewhere along the banks of the river (right hand side) when you're travelling to Ishad N'ha from the caves. Try the first clearing on the right hand side of the river.

4) I'm not really too sure which giant snake you're talking about but I have a hunch that it's Xydusa (the naga princess). To invoke her spirit, you'll need (i)spider nectar (crush a spider's egg in the torture chamber and collect it with an empty flask you'll find in the kitchen of the serpent temple), (ii)a serpent's wand (you can find this in the serpent temple) and (iii) some aromatheraphy cones (you can obtain this near the back entrance of the serpent temple with the smaller snake head with a coin slot at its base). Word of caution: you ought to have level 4 vine spell (Cure poison) for the serpent temple as you're going to get poisoned a lot! if you don't stock up on cure poison potions!

The guy who was looking for burial grounds is Jathil and he's the person you have to find for the 3rd quest from the priest's guild in Ishad N'ha. As long as he's still friendly towards you, you're fine. If he's hostile, try using the level 2 Spirit Spell (Charm) on him.
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 06:19 AM   #3
Regis
Welcomed New User

1. Same as above...the Wolfman comes out at night. He can be found anywhere in and around the Shire area.

2. Same as above, but...You can actually climb the cliff from the Ishad N'ha side and get to Brimloch Roon without going through the Dragon Spire, but there are two drawbacks. A) You need a high Athletics rating in order to make the climb (10-12). B) There is no entry to the Dragon Spire from that side if you have not already gone through it (the exit door opens from the inside after talking to Erathsmedor). Since this is where you get the Mavin Sword, it is necessary to go through it once, in which case, you need the Dragon Armor in order to get by the Bronze Dragon at the beginning of the Spire, which means doing the Stout Mines. Once you've completed the Dragon Spire, you could use the cliffs to bypass going through it any more, although most people don't bother going back to Ishad N'ha after that point.

3. The Serpent Cult guy back at Valeia was actually the Assassin Grue Morde, who was there to kill Gareth - he's the first character you meet outside Valeia when you first start. The only Quest I remember regarding him is given by the Assassin's Guild in Ishad N'ha (they want him dead for taking the job or not paying his taxes or some such). He will be found on the Brimloch Roon side of the Dragon Spire after receiving the Quest to kill him. You get credit for killing him in either Pawn Shoppe (Ishad N'ha or Brimloch Roon), so you still don't have to go back.

4. A Naga is a creature with the body of a snake and the head/torso of a human, usually a woman. This is Xydusa. The first sight you get of her is meant as a teaser...she passes by an inaccessible entrance to the maze you get into later. The potion you get for turning in Algamesh's Necklace can be used to stop her attack in some method (either Sleep or Paralysis...I don't know because I didn't use it). The last head witch is Elyssia.

The guy looking for the Burial Grounds is Jathil. You get a quest for him from the Priest Guild in Ishad N'ha. One important thing to bear in mind about this incident is that all NPC's can be hurt/killed by accident (this happened to me with Pris'Keil'a and some grunts in the Boogre Caves), so you might want to heal him up the next time you encounter him or you will not be able to finish the Priest Guild Quest.
Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 07:45 AM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

The burned body is the trigger for the Werewolf. You won't be attacked until you find it.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 10:18 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The werewolf can appear in the day time. Last time I had this quest, I found him near the Jathil area during the day. The charred body is the trigger to get him to appear.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote