Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2003, 09:38 AM   #1
StarVid
Elminster

I'm planning on taking another run through the series. It's been a while so I don't remember the story too well, but I was thinking of putting in some of the mods to shake things up even more. I was wondering what mods were generally recommended by the other players. I don't want to download every single mod, especially if some of them aren't all that great. I was reading the descriptions for some of the WeiDU mods and a lot of them look interesting, but like I said, I want the players take on them. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

With ToB installed:
-Improved Illyich
-Tactics with all improved encounters and the ritual
-Ascension
-Redemption

Those are all very good [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2003, 12:25 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Improved Ilyich is part of the Tactics mod. Very tough, makes the starting dungeon a whole lot of fun. Tactics in general ups the difficulty of the game significantly, dont know if that will be a problem for you.

The Ascension and Redemption mods rework the ending of ToB. Again, its tougher, and ascension at least makes the fights a lot more interesting.

The additional NPC mods are also very popular. Havent played any myself, but I hear good things about them. Imoen Romance is another one thats reputedly owrht using (my next party thourgh will use this one), even if some people are put off by the whole incest thing.

EDIT] all mods are designed to be installed on a version of BG2 with the latest official patch and the baldurdash fixpack installed. You will quite possibly have problems on any other setup.

[ 03-12-2003, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: andrewas ]
Old 03-12-2003, 12:37 PM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I currently have these installed:

- WeiDU Tactics Mod
- WeiDU Item Upgrade
- WeiDU NPC Solaufein
- WeiDU NPC Valen
- NPC Kelsey

I had TDD (The Darkest Day) installed but it was a littl bit buggy, and some of the items where way overpowerd, however it is a nice MOD. to play once.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:17 PM   #5
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:

- WeiDU Tactics Mod
- WeiDU Item Upgrade
- WeiDU NPC Solaufein
- WeiDU NPC Valen
- NPC Kelsey
Kelsey is a WeiDU mod as well, just not one written by Weimer. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2003, 01:31 PM   #6
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by jcompton:
Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:

- WeiDU Tactics Mod
- WeiDU Item Upgrade
- WeiDU NPC Solaufein
- WeiDU NPC Valen
- NPC Kelsey
Kelsey is a WeiDU mod as well, just not one written by Weimer. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I know, but because it is not written by Weimer, I didn't put WeiDU infront of it ...

[ 03-12-2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 03-12-2003, 01:50 PM   #7
jcompton
Elminster

Heh, I know, but it can be confusing to make the distinction that way because WeiDU reflects an install style, not the author.

So I typically call it "Weimer Tactics", for instance, but "WeiDU Ascension", since Weimer compiled the Tactics mod and wrote many of its components, but he only performed the conversion of Ascension, he didn't actually write it.

Item Upgrade is a Weimer mod, while Tashia and Kelsey are WeiDU mods. [img]smile.gif[/img]