Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Default Torchlight II

A few months ago I actually just found out about the original game (a Diablo clone). I don't know how I missed it years ago when it came out, but somehow I did. It is a really good game, and I can actually play it on my netbook (it has a "netbook mode"). Of course things are really small on the netbook, but the fact that I can actually play on it is a bonus. You can just download the original for about ten bucks online.

I recently read there will be a Torchlight II that will come out around December 2011, with a multiplayer feature and more above ground quests, yay! Look forward to it.

Reality Show Recaps

Last edited by Ladyzekke; 07-05-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Torchlight II

Yeah I have Torchlight 1 and (I think?) the expansion also. I play it on on my Android. Really good game to play if you're sitting waiting on something with time to kill. It's kind of addictive. Vaguely recall hearing about a second part. May check it out, eventually.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
Ladyzekke

http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/64390/t...ds-On-Preview/

Here is one site with info on it so far.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Torchlight 1 got expansion? I didn't know that.

I would get torchlight 2, unless diablo 3 comes out first.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
Ladyzekke

Kakero - sheesh they've been talking about Diablo III for so many years, you gotta wonder if it will ever happen at this point. Maybe someday!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Yeah I have Torchlight 1 and (I think?) the expansion also. I play it on on my Android. Really good game to play if you're sitting waiting on something with time to kill. It's kind of addictive. Vaguely recall hearing about a second part. May check it out, eventually.
That's pretty cool you can play it on your Android. Is it tough though because it is so small? I wonder if I can get it on my ipad (bigger screen)? I should check it out. Just wonder how you'd play it with just a touchscreen though, sounds kind of tough to do?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Don't think Torchlight has an expansion...
It's a nice diversion, but after completing the main story line the player is left with apparently a never-ending dungeon where the mobs are scaled to your level. Got boring pretty quickly.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: Torchlight II

Sorry, I wasn't sure before but just went and checked it. Torchlight does not have any xpacs. It's the game "Fate" I was actually thinking of - an earlier game from the same designer. I have Fate and one expansion along with Torchlight on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyzekke View Post
That's pretty cool you can play it on your Android. Is it tough though because it is so small? I wonder if I can get it on my ipad (bigger screen)? I should check it out. Just wonder how you'd play it with just a touchscreen though, sounds kind of tough to do?
I was actually running the older game Fate instead of TL on my Android. Currently I think TL is only available on PC & consoles but I read on the forums that they intend to bring it to the iPad so you're in luck. I imagine it will be ported to other tablets too eventually. When they will do this idk, and of course it will be a little less hardware intensive/dumbed down to minimum requirements.

As an example, there's another game I play on the Android which is a kind of clone of both Fate and TL combined and turned into a free MMO. I forget the name of it, it might even be chinese or something, but its on the app marketplace for free. Anyways, the controls on that game are awesomely responsive and fluid via touchscreen and the server connection is really good. Basically, I can adventure, heal other players and even PvP with ease mainly because they designed the controls so well. For less touch-friendly games I usually just use a stylus if I am having trouble or screw it and play on my desktop.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Smiley Re: Torchlight II

I'm playing Dungeon Hunter on the PS3, and its awesome. JUST like Dungeon Siege and it has great multiplayer. NICE loot drops, and the level cap is 75!

Its only $12.99 too! If you have a PS3, I reccomend getting it. Reminds me of Diablo and other type games.. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath.. ect. VERY cool..

Dungeon Siege III is made by the defunct and losey company that ruined the NWN 2 game... and full of bugs.. thats what they are know for---Obsidian Entertainment.. their fallout addon was a joke--more bugs too.. I rented DS3, it seems on on the PS3, but It would be cooler to play with you guys... with headsets, we'd rock.. Just can't afford buying DS3 right now .

And LadyZ, I'll add your Mod stuff to the other forums. I'll PM you later today.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

So DS3 sux? Didn't know Obsidian had their paws on it.