Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I'm thinking of buying the whole series off amazon or ebay.

How is the game? Is it worth getting? And what expansions are there?

[ 01-02-2007, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 01-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Diablo 2 reminds me a bit of nethack. You click a monster until it dies. Then you find a different monster. There are some quests and such, but they're really just an excuse to kill more monsters. And landscape is generated randomly.

I find it hideously self-repeating, but I guess someone else might like it.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

This game is not bad if you like clicking on monsters again and again. It is really fun if you got nothing else to play or want to kill some time.

Diablo got an expansion called Hellfire. It's made by Sierra. However this expansion got nothing to do with the original storyline and you can't go into battlenet with this expansion.

Diablo 2 got an expansion called Lord of Destruction, this is made by Blizzard themselves. This is a continuation of what Diablo 2 have left. Which is a must have if you want to know the storyline of the game.

And *cough* I got 2 copies of the battlechest (Diablo,Diablo 2 + LoD) that I'm selling for cheap. Interested?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:17 PM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I personally have no idea why everyone's so crazy about Diablo games. It's an idiotic mousesmashing buttoncruncher. Lionheart is a much better game, and that's saying something [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

If you are thinking IWD or BG-style think again. This game is a step (or two) back. Pretty much hack and slash, like that Dungeon Siege nonsense.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #6
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
If you are thinking IWD or BG-style think again. This game is a step (or two) back. Pretty much hack and slash, like that Dungeon Siege nonsense.
Dungeon Siege has better graphic though (the same type of game, and so that might be a plus?). I actually finished Dungeon Siege, but not Diablo 2(the furtherest I go is finishing up the first mission) and Dungeon siege 2~~
Old 01-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #7
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Diablo 1 has great atmosphere and is actually pretty fun in multiplayer(Sadly, due to the age, it's impossible to play it over a LAN without some sort of wacky mucking about with your settings that I've never mastered and even Battle.Net seems to support it badly these days.). I have to say it's a must-buy, personally, if you enjoy some mildly tactical hacking and slashing at bad dudes.

Diablo 2 is... Uh. The graphics haven't improved, they've worsened the class system(Basically every class has one or two skill-combos that work, the rest mean you lose the game.), the atmosphere is completely gone and almost all of the areas are intensely tedious. Really, really not worth it.

Dungeon Siege is like Diablo 2 with more bland characters, more bland areas and gameplay that requires even less thought. Definitely not to be touched with a ten-foot pole belonging to Kim Jong Il.

I've yet to hear even a single good thing about Dungeon Siege 2.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #8
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:

And *cough* I got 2 copies of the battlechest (Diablo,Diablo 2 + LoD) that I'm selling for cheap. Interested?
Do they come with the original package + manuals, and is the Hellfire expansion included? And how much is "cheap"?

Or did the rolleyes smilie mean you were just kidding...?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:41 PM   #9
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

They're fun simple games, at best. I find that once I really start to get into them, I lose interest.

I'd say just buy the first and try it out. You can get it for a few dollars on Amazon.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:55 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:

Do they come with the original package + manuals, and is the Hellfire expansion included? And how much is "cheap"?

Or did the rolleyes smilie mean you were just kidding...?
[/QUOTE]I have opened it and played with it for a while. It still has it original box plus all the content inside. It got all the manuals. You can play in battlenet. There's no Hellfire expansion because as I said Hellfire is from Sierra. The price should be cheaper than what you see in internet.

Pm me if you are really interested.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote