Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 03:12 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Physical Traps: Stoneskin, Mirror Image

Magical Traps: Spell Immunity/Turning/Deflection, Mirror Image, Globe of Invulnerability

Area of Effect Traps: Spell Immunity, Mirror Image
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 03:25 PM   #12
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

Area of Effect Traps: Spell Immunity, Mirror Image

Just wanted to clarify on the area of effect spells. Is Abi's Hwilting in this list? I recall a trap that sets off Abi's and my Mirror image did NOT protect me.

Just wondering....
Old 02-14-2002, 10:22 PM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:
Just wanted to clarify on the area of effect spells. Is Abi's Hwilting in this list? I recall a trap that sets off Abi's and my Mirror image did NOT protect me.
Just wondering....

ADHW is kinda special. Do not be misled by its' spell graphics. Think of it as a Fireball, as opposed to Cloudkill.

Protection from Magical Energy and Spell Immunity will nullify its' effects.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 01:25 AM   #14
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for clarifying....
Old 03-17-2002, 04:51 AM   #15
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

curious how d you get the ring of gaxx playing solo with a mage??? im clueless when it comes to protection against imprisonment. the only way i know how to beat kangaxx is by using korgan
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 05:02 AM   #16
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Go take a look at Dundee's website for info on Kangax:

http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/ds_s.../Homepage.html
Old 03-19-2002, 07:01 AM   #17
StormCast
Dungeon Master

Defeat gaxx is easy with a mage/sorc.

Spell imunity, TS, IA and hes toast. took him in 3 rounds, 2 TS on for lich form and one for demi
Three Rings for the elven kings under the sky,<br />Seven for the dvarf lords in their halls of stone,<br />Nine for mortal men doomed to die,<br />And One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,<br />In the lands of Mordor where the shadows lie.<p>One Ring to rule them all,<br />One Ring to find them,<br />One ring to bring them all,<br />And in the darkness bind them.<br />In the lands of Mordor where the shadows lie.<p><br />StormCast
StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 07:15 AM   #18
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I've not actually got to ToB, but I'm soloing SoA at the moment with ToB installed (which makes this relevant).

The char is an elven assassin (straight class) who has hit level 32 already - I'm currently camped in the graveyard ready to destroy the vampires, so I'll probably be level 34 (or more)upon arriving at spell-hold. I really can't face playing through the rest of the game to gain an extra six HLAs. What's the point?

Moral of the story is that a) soloing is way too easy with the right tactics for any career, especially once you get the HLAs. and b) that thieves level up way too quickly. To be honest, it's nearly killed my enjoyment of the game, though I know I'll be back [img]smile.gif[/img]
antonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 04:09 PM   #19
StormCast
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
Moral of the story is that a) soloing is way too easy with the right tactics for any career, especially once you get the HLAs. and b) that thieves level up way too quickly. To be honest, it's nearly killed my enjoyment of the game, though I know I'll be back [img]smile.gif[/img]
antonius: try inzane dificulty and install improved patches, if its still to easy then. then it may be boring yes, But sorc/mage are the esiast to do it woth, with the right tactiks. Belive me!!! or u can ask dundee, i'm shure he agrees with me
Three Rings for the elven kings under the sky,<br />Seven for the dvarf lords in their halls of stone,<br />Nine for mortal men doomed to die,<br />And One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,<br />In the lands of Mordor where the shadows lie.<p>One Ring to rule them all,<br />One Ring to find them,<br />One ring to bring them all,<br />And in the darkness bind them.<br />In the lands of Mordor where the shadows lie.<p><br />StormCast
StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 01:36 PM   #20
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

Soloing is in itself fun, as its a challenge. I checked out soling SOA and TOB with a Beast Master, and I was having an easy time to be honest... I DID have a tough time with any respectable mages until I got clubs that do elemental damage and the like. Staff Maces make excellent dual wielding weapons, as they do 2d4+2 with a great speed factor.

I plan to solo next with a Blade. Boy, is that ever one MEAN fighter! used right, they rip through enemies like butter.
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote