Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #101
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Default Re: Single-payer health care plan dies in Senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

I would feel shitty if I could give healthcare to a person in need but chose not to.

Farewell
Feel free to go down to an ER and hand them a credit card to pay for people without insurance, it is not the government's place to mandate that I, or anyone else, be forced to do so.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #102
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgeruat View Post
Because Ann commenting on insurance allowing aborted fetuses covered by the healthcare bill to get boob jobs, also mandated to be covered by health insurance laws adds to the value or factual nature of the debate? or a swipe at liberals? easily editted out, does not change the facts she references (and she does use a bibliography), the figures, or varying reporting methods of the international community. Feel free to read the originals, nothing factual was removed, only swipes, jabs, and backhanded remarks.

Removing bias simply reverts it from an op-ed piece back to journalism.
I read the originals, you see, i've actually come across this article before, thus how I recognised it despite the edits. And seen her discuss the points in debates on TV. I watch Fox, CNN, NBC, BBC.

But no, let's see Ann in all her glory, hating on people, knocking those who don't agree, saying nutty things like "jews should be perfected" or the "9/11 widows are using sympathy to get attention". Let's have all of this nutjob or none at all. If you were fully confident in her points you wouldn't feel the need to omit any part of it. I don't think Ann would be very happy you did so. For the "only swipes, jabs, and backhanded remarks" make Ann who she is.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #103
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Feel free to go down to an ER and hand them a credit card to pay for people without insurance, it is not the government's place to mandate that I, or anyone else, be forced to do so.
You already pay for them via taxes.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #104
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
You already pay for them via taxes.
Chewie was speaking very directly about being able to provide health care to someone in need, short of becoming a doctor himself and working at a free clinic entirely pro-bono it's the most direct way. So he's free to put his $ where his mouth is.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #105
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Cool Dude Re: Single-payer health care plan dies in Senate

Quote:
I read the originals, you see, i've actually come across this article before, thus how I recognised it despite the edits. And seen her discuss the points in debates on TV. I watch Fox, CNN, NBC, BBC.

But no, let's see Ann in all her glory, hating on people, knocking those who don't agree, saying nutty things like "jews should be perfected" or the "9/11 widows are using sympathy to get attention". Let's have all of this nutjob or none at all. If you were fully confident in her points you wouldn't feel the need to omit any part of it. I don't think Ann would be very happy you did so. For the "only swipes, jabs, and backhanded remarks" make Ann who she is.
How about, I can recognize when someone has a valid point without buying into all of their rhetoric or repeating it.

To take someone I disagree with fervently for example, Michael Moore. There IS a problem with the gun culture in America and the lack of respect people have towards them, especially in the cities they either fear them, or use them to cause fear. The Patriot Act WAS a huge mistake, should never have been pushed through without Congress actually reading it, the US IS far too cushy with Saudi Arabia's royalty, US Healthcare IS NOT perfect. That doesn't mean I agree with everything, or even most of what he has to say on those matters, but he does have some valid points, even if he lets lies, disingenuous edits, and inconsistencies color his POV out of usefulness. Saying he's got some valid points doesn't mean I'll play Bowling for Columbine in it's entirety and use it as an accurate source, because it isn't.

BTW you might want to look into a warm, wet washcloth, and clean that sand out of your vagina, it's making you really cranky.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #106
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:

BTW you might want to look into a warm, wet washcloth, and clean that sand out of your vagina, it's making you really cranky.
LOL, I am guessing that is directed toward Ann.

Me, cranky? I won the thread, what do I have to be cranky about? I suspect you're bitter that I found you out or something. Let's grow up a bit.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #107
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
My, my what a clever and gifted word-smith you are!
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #108
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I won this thread with the 360 catch, thank you very much, and Alien Side Boobs.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #109
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
I won this thread with the 360 catch, thank you very much, and Alien Side Boobs.
That's a horse-race, I originally came up with the alien-side boobs, but yes, you did indeed catch the 360 episode. It's christmas, and I am willing to share a portion of win with you.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #110
Chewbacca
Zartan

Happy Laughing Re: Single-payer health care plan dies in Senate

Quote:
LOL, I am guessing that is directed toward Ann.
LOL how is this not the thread Winner?