Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 02:54 AM   #31
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

i like to use hand symbols, "your mouth goes like this"(demonstrate) "i need it to go like this"(closed fist) they usually get that.
or a few key phrases i like is, "your yapper never stops", or (acting surprised) "your talking to me? i thought you'de find someone who cared."
or even a "shut your food hole" or a simple (holding up a fist) "great talk" (walking away) when i am done with the conversation, even when they are in midsentence, works like a miracle.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:09 AM   #32
philip
Galvatron

So what's your point?

[ 02-21-2006, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: philip ]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:42 AM   #33
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Great topic. I work in a small room with my co-worker. And he is a yapper. Working at 2am there is times that I can not take his talking. Now I have ammo to keep him from talking I hope. I like yours Lady Z.

I also like "You talking to me" But looked dazed.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:09 AM   #34
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

That should work well in a room with two of you in it!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:16 AM   #35
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Lol the "well I'll let you get on then" is so patronising...cool

Actually this happens a lot to me cos there are some topics which I'm really intereted in but loads that I don't give a damn about. I usually just add useful comments like "fair enough" "sounds cool" "nice" etc. while edging towards the door and then saying "see ya" as I step out. I'm never downright rude to anyone, probably to your great surprise
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #36
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Wow, I'm hoping most of the people posting here are just lying about what they say for humour purposes (I suspect this is the case) because otherwise - so rude . At least 'well there you go then' is kind of neutral and pleasant!

For me, I can't think of too many occasions when this happens to me, or maybe I'm just more easy-going and don't mind when people talk to me about things I'm not personally interested in. Certainly never get annoyed enough to be as rude as some of the comments suggested. You can usually steer the conversation to something more mutually interesting anyway. The only situation I can think of is when people are telling a story and get bogged down in irrelevant details; my mother is a bad one for this. Like they'll be 'and so last tuesday... no, was it tuesday? I went shopping on tuesday so maybe it wasn't then...', which can be frustrating. Usually I would just say something like 'well, whichever day it was', or 'let's just say it was tuesday' or something, to get the story moving.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #37
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

ROTFL I know Aelia! This one so far is my personal favorite, especially when picturing it in my head:

Quote:
i like to use hand symbols, "your mouth goes like this"(demonstrate) "i need it to go like this"(closed fist) they usually get that.
or a few key phrases i like is, "your yapper never stops", or (acting surprised) "your talking to me? i thought you'de find someone who cared."
or even a "shut your food hole" or a simple (holding up a fist) "great talk" (walking away) when i am done with the conversation, even when they are in midsentence, works like a miracle.
[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #38
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

umm...ya...umm...ya...umm...ya... * look at watch *. People will get the message and stop.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #39
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I stare right at their forehead (easy to do since I'm so much taller than most people.) Also, I just agree with whatever their saying, but with short responses (just "Yes"). Eventually, they'll tire themselves out and leave. Just don't give them any reason to stay.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:32 AM   #40
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Since they talk to me like that at my ofice, all the time, I do what we medical folk refer to as "having a petit mal," which is looking interested, but not hearing anything and making noncomittal noises like "um" and "Uh-huh." Then you start writing on their chart. Works like a charm. [img]graemlins/lightning.gif[/img]