Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2003, 12:34 AM   #21
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would go for an PS2 too or a pc upgrade and the NWN Gold you wanted so much

[ 11-27-2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 11-27-2003, 12:58 AM   #22
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
I would go for an PS2 too or a pc upgrade and the NWN Gold you wanted so much
i will still get the nwn gold, before chrsitmas, I think my husband is going to buy me the system for christmas, like he has done with all the others, it is either christmas or my B-day, which is not to far off only a little over 3 months [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] nooooo, I forgot that means I will get older, must be the christmas then, cuz I will be in hiding on my B-day

[ 11-27-2003, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 11-27-2003, 06:59 AM   #23
Tobbin
Red Dragon

PS2 does have Parental Controls of sorts. You can put in a password and define what level that you want it set at. If the CD/DVD states it is mature audiences, then whoever is wanting to watch it will have to put in the password to override the controls. Otherwise, they aren't gonna be able to watch/play it. I disabled mine, cause it's a hassle having to put in passwords when I don't even have any kids.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:24 AM   #24
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
PS2 does have Parental Controls of sorts. You can put in a password and define what level that you want it set at. If the CD/DVD states it is mature audiences, then whoever is wanting to watch it will have to put in the password to override the controls. Otherwise, they aren't gonna be able to watch/play it. I disabled mine, cause it's a hassle having to put in passwords when I don't even have any kids.
that makes it even better, I can lock it so my hubsnad can not play with it, [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2003, 08:33 AM   #25
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Tobbin, where did you get this PS2? I have one of my own, but there aren't any parental controls of any sort. At least not that I've found yet.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-27-2003, 09:14 AM   #26
Tobbin
Red Dragon

When you first start up the PS2 (mine is American and bought from Wal-Mart, btw), it asks you for a password. If you disable the Password, then you won't get any Parental Controls. Once you pass this, you will need to go to the Custom Setup options to get to it. Then you will have Parental Control: Region USA
Level -> whatever level you setup
And a Password right below that.

If someone tries to run something that declares a level higher than what you input into the Parental Controls, you will have to enter a Password to allow entry into the programming. I think it's only 4 digits though, so if your child has a lot of patience, they can just keep inputting numbers until they guess it. Still, there is a parental lock of a sort. If that doesn't help you, it should be in your manual. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2003, 07:10 AM   #27
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I heard the X-box was the equivelent of a 800mhz Pentium.. and impoosible to upgrade... is that true?
I think there is a CPU upgrade avaliable but i'm not 100% shure.
also the harddrive is a nice bonus.

I would go with the ps2 because of gran turismo 3 and gta vice city and a dvd player plus loads of other games.

game cube has metroid prime.

on variety of games alone i would go with the ps2
Old 11-29-2003, 11:45 AM   #28
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

No offense but how do you find time to do all this gaming? After all you have 3 kids to take care of. I suggest that you buy a game cube or ps2.

[ 11-29-2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Gab ]
Old 11-29-2003, 12:04 PM   #29
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Gab:
No offense but how do you find time to do all this gaming? After all you have 3 kids to take care of. I suggest that you buy a game cube or ps2.
easy, kids go to bed at 11 am for nap times, and then 9 pm for bed time, that gives me a few hours in the morning, and at night to play
Old 11-29-2003, 12:09 PM   #30
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I heard the X-box was the equivelent of a 800mhz Pentium.. and impoosible to upgrade... is that true?
I think there is a CPU upgrade avaliable but i'm not 100% shure.
also the harddrive is a nice bonus.

I would go with the ps2 because of gran turismo 3 and gta vice city and a dvd player plus loads of other games.

game cube has metroid prime.

on variety of games alone i would go with the ps2
[/QUOTE]vice city is nice indeed, though you can get for the PC now-a-days.

I own Gamecube, and its nice. Havent tried Metroid Prime, but super smash bros. melee is an awsome multiplayer game, one with which i have spent many hours of playing. Windwaker is very good aswell. but i cant think of many good games other than that, though ive heard that game that plays with 2d graphics in a weird sort of way is one of the best nintendo game ever(!)...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."