Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-04-2000, 03:10 AM   #1
Lotan

I'm probably a moron, but its late, and I'm tired of looking around the dungeon. When I killed the Warrior and Wizard, two staircases went down. The staircases were to the big flames. I can't figure out how to get them to come back up. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-04-2000, 03:39 AM   #2
JaredC80SF

The two ghosts should have each dropped a crystal. In each room there is a thing to put a crystal in, which will raise the stairs. You can only raise one staircase though.

happy adventuring!

Jared

Old 10-04-2000, 03:50 AM   #3
boby

just drag some crates build yourself a ladder and you can go both sides...

Old 10-04-2000, 08:46 PM   #4
Lotan

I must be a moron, but I couldn't find anything to put the crystals in... Are you talking about the rooms where the staircases are at?

Old 10-04-2000, 08:49 PM   #5
Lotan

Never mind, I am a moron... But has anyone else had a problem with the game being insanely dark. Until I jacked the gamma correction all the way up, I couldn't see a damn thing.

Old 10-04-2000, 08:52 PM   #6
GotAnger

ok i had trouble hear to you knwo the socket you put the crystal in the first time by the elavator it lookes the same when you walk into the room ther eon the side walls. i belive that that if you enter the right room it is on the left side and visa versa left room right side. jest scout the walls if you nee dany mroe help finding it email me at gotanger@yahoo.com
p.s. if you get far enough to the point were yo need to go to the toad city. Which is after the crypt were is this crazy forg guy that gives you the password to get into the frog city. thanks

GotAnger

Old 10-04-2000, 08:52 PM   #7
GotAnger

ok i had trouble hear to you knwo the socket you put the crystal in the first time by the elavator it lookes the same when you walk into the room ther eon the side walls. i belive that that if you enter the right room it is on the left side and visa versa left room right side. jest scout the walls if you nee dany mroe help finding it email me at gotanger@yahoo.com
p.s. if you get far enough to the point were yo need to go to the toad city. Which is after the crypt were is this crazy forg guy that gives you the password to get into the frog city. thanks

GotAnger

Old 10-05-2000, 01:19 AM   #8
DavidBer

Simple deal - I can help with the frogs, if you help with the crypt!

Ok, the frog scenario is easy. When you leave the town and head towards lake nymph, following the signs, you will run into the lake. There will be a small dock. Hang out there, the frog will come and talk to you. He will tell you to go to the Toad Village. To the east of there is a Windmill. There you will meet someone who can tell you where the Village is. It's funny, she states one thing and the screen states something else! The screen is correct.

Be prepared when you go to the village for some fighting and buttkicking.

Ok, my question.

I have gotten the dang stick from the treasure chest. I have jumped into the water just outside the place where I got the bauble stick. I can see two levers behind gates under the water. I can not reach them. Where is this crystal?

Thanks.

dave

Old 10-05-2000, 06:48 PM   #9
GotAnger

you have to wait till the very end of the crypt till yuo can ge tthe levers

Old 10-05-2000, 07:56 PM   #10
DavidBer

Well, the issue that I had with not being able to get the crystal was quite an annoying one. This POS game (that's how I feel at this moment) has serious hardware issues. I was reading on another forum of someone complaining about their Vodoo card not working correctly. That things were showing up green in the crypt. Well, I have a vodoo 3500 card. I had the game settings to D3D 1024x768. Everything was green. Hmmm. So just the hell of it I changed to software rendering. Wow, what a difference, everything seemed a little brighter. Well, now the water was blue instead of green. And voila, there suddenly was a crystal in the water!

This is the issue! The crystal was NOT there when the game was in D3D mode! This is very scary. I can understand the concept of a quest/puzzle game, but to have to choose outside the realm of the game to solve the game is pathetic.

I like the game play. I dislike the flakiness of the engine. Don't you just love bats that are dead that are floating in the middle of the air?

Thanks for reading my 2 cents worth.
dave