Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2002, 01:25 PM   #1
BigAl
Dungeon Master

How in the hell do i kill this guy. I have killed him on occassions but he mirror images and I cannot get a bead on the images. the mirror images then use chain lightening and kill the hell out of my group. Maybe I do not have the necessary grouping of spells. But this dude is now pissing me off. HELP!
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 01:31 PM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

what level are you? if your having this much trouble w/ conster firkaag is gonna be really tough
Old 11-20-2002, 01:36 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

It would be good if you have protection from lighting. I don't remember having a hugh problem with him but I do remember he did do alot of damage with lightning. I usually have healing potions on most of my guys though so when they are taking heavy damage they can drink a potion to get their bearings. Other than that I think I just had most of my guys go in and hack away at him, I may have retreated though the door first to cast my protection spells so he probaly wasted a few of his spells.

[ 11-20-2002, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 01:44 PM   #4
BigAl
Dungeon Master

I am a level 9 beserker. But I decided to do this before I did Nalia's quest. I went and dual classed Yoshimo into a fighter and therefore had to keep Nalia for her thieving skills. I was afriad if I did De'Arnise quest first I would lose her and then not have a character with thieveing skills. Maybe I am too weak to go this far in Windspear Hills

Jaheira is a 10 level druid
Nalia is level 10 mage
Aerie is a Level 9 mage

I have Minsc & Yoshimo in the party also
Old 11-20-2002, 01:49 PM   #5
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

Nalia will stay in your party, You can talk them into not attacking you go do the de'arnise keep come back and fight them. You are a little low for this part(dualing yoshi is proably hurting you but don't worry)
Old 11-20-2002, 03:27 PM   #6
BigAl
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers
Old 11-20-2002, 07:48 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by BigAl:
I am a level 9 beserker. But I decided to do this before I did Nalia's quest.
That's the biggest part of your problem right there. Go and play with the nice kids on the block before you start messing with the bigger boys. Don't worry, Nalia does not leave the party after you do her quest.

Conster was never a problem for me--I took Firkraag down 2 days ago, and my biggest problem with Conster was killing him BEFORE Firkraag could. No kidding! Way to go there, big guy, just torch the place with a gigantic fireball that doesn't hurt my party in the least, but fries your best apprentice to a crispy critter. You go! (And what the heck is Conster doing, working with a Red Dragon and not carrying any Fire Resistance stuff?)
Old 11-20-2002, 09:55 PM   #8
D*Ranged

I fought him and was close to being mauled, thanks to no breach memorised (no scrolls either). Everything went wrong for my party and suddenly...DANG! He fireballed himself to death .
Old 11-20-2002, 10:40 PM   #9
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

One way to get him is to have an archer use the arrows that dispel magic (don't confuse them with acid arrows when shopping). Since they are real expensive having a good thief helps to "acquire" them. A couple of shots with these arrows, a miscast magic spell, and a couple of tanks finish him pretty quick with no damage taken.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:21 AM   #10
Slizerio

Hes most painful spell is FoD. If you think hes tough ,what until you see liches! He doen't have any Protection from weapons except stoneskin, so hes easy to beat.