Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-10-2001, 07:29 PM   #1
Shangoman
Dungeon Master

on the level with all the portal, 3 I think. That rock that looks like a rocketship, is there something or miniquest with it? There is a rock like it outside the keep at the bottom left of the screen by the steps but I could not find a relation other than there similar looks. But when you click on the rock initially it says something about treasure being hidden from the monsters, then when you click on it again, it says the rock is sold, you cannot do anything to it (or something like that).

Any hints or suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Shangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 07:32 PM   #2
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

I'm not sure. I noticed them myself but wasn't sure what they did. Try giving one of you chars a potion of storm giant strength and then with that char click on the one inside the keep. Maybe they will be strong enought to lift it?

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness.

[]####[]::::::>
BlackAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 08:29 PM   #3
PaladinVa
Welcomed New User

Yes, there is something inside. You have to have a Lawful Good Char. click the stone. You get a mini-Holy Avenger.
PaladinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 03:24 PM   #4
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

paladin, i know your new, but please dont give false information. it pisses people off, and might make ppl more reluctant to take your advice when your giving it for real. i dont think there is anything there. if you mean that big rock where you fought that Balor, then click the stone and see what your reward is. if you mean that rune obliesk, i think thats just meant as a landmark.

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 04:51 PM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
paladin, i know your new, but please dont give false information. it pisses people off, and might make ppl more reluctant to take your advice when your giving it for real. i dont think there is anything there. if you mean that big rock where you fought that Balor, then click the stone and see what your reward is. if you mean that rune obliesk, i think thats just meant as a landmark.
He's *not* giving false information, you just don't know what he's talking about. I have personally gotten the "mini-holy avenger" that he refers to (aka - The Purifier +4) out of the stone in the middle of the room. I don't remember what I wasted in this room, but I think it may have been Glabrezu. You can only pull it out if you are LG alignment. In this case, my Inquisitor PC pulled it out and had Cespenar upgrade it. So...I think that perhaps you owe Paladin an apology.

If you are *any* alignment other than LG, the game tells you that the rock is solid.
------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!

[This message has been edited by Throntar (edited 07-18-2001).]
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 05:45 PM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

oh, eh sorry. i never played through WK on a LG alignment. well neways, hes partly at a fault here too. he said mini-holy avenger. he coulda said it dispenses a sword, or given a name, or somethin so i coulda looked it up to see if it was true. oh well, my face is red now. time to go bring my pride back up to the level of 'infallible' in my mind.

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 06:20 PM   #7
rodimus
The Magister

aehem, throntar, I got the purifier in the first level of WK, and got nothing out of the stone...
rodimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 12:52 AM   #8
PaladinVa
Welcomed New User

First, thank you for the support Throntar. Second, I apologize for my lack of detail. The sword, "Purifier" oh +4 almost forgot that don't want to be jumpped on again, has the same abilities as a Holy Avenger, only on a lesser scale. i.e. "Mini-Holy Avenger" It also can only be used by a LG Char.

I want to thank you for making a new user feel so welcome by calling me a liar the first time I tried to help someone. I'm sure I won't be making the mistake again.
PaladinVa is offline   Reply With Quote