Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2003, 06:36 AM   #1
Stratos
Vampire

Hello!

I have some questions about some skills, mainly about unarmed combat.

1. What does the armor skill do, I mean what´s the different between having a 5 or a 75 in, for example, heavy armor. Do the armor get lighter, does it last longer or will the armor rating increase?

2. What´s the maximum a skill can increase to( figured it to be 100 or so)?

3. Is it possible ( by possible I mean without reloading 10000 times) to finish the game with hand to hand and unarmored skills, and are there any items in the game (including Tribunal) that help these skills, such as gloves that increases damage or clothing that increases armor rating?

4. Do Kajhiit get extra damage fighting unarmed due to their claws?

5. Can hand to hand and block/shield be used together?

Thankful for answers.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:00 AM   #2
B_part
Quintesson

1)AC rating gets better (that is, higher). If you have a cuirass with armora rating 100 and your skill is 100, then it will count as AC 100, otherwise, if the skill is less, ac will drop.
2)You figured right
5)I don't think so: unarmored means fighting with both fists, so no hands free for a shield. But I never tried it, so I might be wrong.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
B_part
Quintesson

Oh, about 2), I forgot to mention that via magic means you can increase way beyond 100. In one single case your acrobatics skill can get as high as 1000...
Old 03-13-2003, 11:29 AM   #4
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by B_part:
Oh, about 2), I forgot to mention that via magic means you can increase way beyond 100. In one single case your acrobatics skill can get as high as 1000...
The maximum on a skill post-patch and Tribunal is 100 unless you've drunk a potion or you're wearing a CE item or used a spell.

Oddly enough, if you have the appropriate attribute over 100 (like Intelligence for Security or Alchemy), you can keep training in a particular skill and continue leveling up, but the skill will never go over 100.

Truthfully, except in the case of enchant I don't see what good really high skill levels (way more than 100) do you (ditto for levels - I couldn't tell that I was all that more powerful at level 90 than I was at level 50).

[ 03-13-2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Rhea ]
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 01:00 PM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

4) I really don't think so. It takes forever to finally knock someone out, then the damage seems to be very minimal. I tried a few times, but finally reverted back to weapons.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:58 PM   #6
TheSlayer
Manshoon

4) Never really tried unarmed... but alot of people say they have no problems using it.
Join the [url]\"http://darkenedshrine.proboards2.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Darkened Shrine</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://cultosheogorath.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=csmods&action=display&num=10521557 13\" target=\"_blank\">The Burning Earth Project</a> - Looking for modders
TheSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:39 PM   #7
B_part
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhea:
The maximum on a skill post-patch and Tribunal is 100 unless you've drunk a potion or you're wearing a CE item or used a spell.

Exactly what I meant by "magic means"

Quote:

Oddly enough, if you have the appropriate attribute over 100 (like Intelligence for Security or Alchemy), you can keep training in a particular skill and continue leveling up, but the skill will never go over 100.

Truthfully, except in the case of enchant I don't see what good really high skill levels (way more than 100) do you (ditto for levels - I couldn't tell that I was all that more powerful at level 90 than I was at level 50).
Most skills won't give you a bonus if increased over 100 - after all 100 means 100% success in what you are doing. But acrobatics will keep increasing... remember an odd wizard around Seyda Neen with those scrolls of flight? well, they increase you acrobatics skill to 1000, and you notice it, don't you? The higher your acrobatics, the higher you can jump. Also a certain obscure nightwalkers guild can increase your acrobatics to 120, and once again you notice that, being able to jump across valleys.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:54 AM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

It sheded some light on things.

Still wondering a little about question 3-5, have anyone succesfully finished the game, including Tribunal, using only hand to hand and unarmed and was it easy.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:23 AM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:

3. Is it possible ( by possible I mean without reloading 10000 times) to finish the game with hand to hand and unarmored skills, and are there any items in the game (including Tribunal) that help these skills, such as gloves that increases damage or clothing that increases armor rating?
Certainly haven't finished the game so I dunno if it's possible to play the whole way through hand-to-hand, (though I'm sure it is), but I can report that I saw a special glove for hand-to-hand fighting in a store; I think it did magic damage [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2003, 03:43 PM   #10
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by B_part:
Most skills won't give you a bonus if increased over 100 - after all 100 means 100% success in what you are doing. But acrobatics will keep increasing... remember an odd wizard around Seyda Neen with those scrolls of flight? well, they increase you acrobatics skill to 1000, and you notice it, don't you? The higher your acrobatics, the higher you can jump. Also a certain obscure nightwalkers guild can increase your acrobatics to 120, and once again you notice that, being able to jump across valleys.
LOL! I had forgotten about that. A CE levitation item is usually one of my earliest enchantments. For me, the only skill I regularly up over 100 is enchant. Also, that jumping stuff gives me vertigo. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

A nice glide over the landscape of an afternoon....very satisfying. Kind of like a hot air balloon ride.

[ 03-14-2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Rhea ]
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote