Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-12-2000, 02:25 PM   #1
Thelion

I got the to rods.. The small man in the Lich room sais something "Good but that I have to kill the Unseen Eye"... But where is he, or where he suppose to be.. He came once when I took the rod. But he killed me so I reloaded and created some sumonings. But he never showed up again.. I maybe scared him to death or something.. HElp! AARGH!

Old 12-12-2000, 02:57 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

You have both parts of the rod already?
Old 12-12-2000, 03:06 PM   #3
Thelion

Yes ofcourse.. I took one from the temple monster first.. and the second in the Unseen Eye Lair/Dungeon..

Old 12-12-2000, 03:08 PM   #4
Archmagi Wah

that shouldn't happen though. what should happen is that you get the first part of the rod from the avatar down in the underground temple (with the 'diseased one'). then the second part is in the unseeing eye's pit after speaking to sassar and tad. i took the second part of the rod and the eye popped out when i tried to escape..............

looks like a bug alert: create loads of liches using cluaconsole to make up for the experience but ya won't get the amulet of 5% magic resistance that the unseeing eye has.

(oh to the nine hells - just create that too!!)

Old 12-12-2000, 03:26 PM   #5
Thelion

Ah.. better reload and play it again.. damn that thought.. =/

Old 12-12-2000, 03:42 PM   #6
drezden

I killed the unseeing eye - without speaking to the Lich - and I don't belive I got any piece of the Rod or the amulet of MR. I looted the complex too. Any ideas?

Old 12-12-2000, 03:57 PM   #7
Archmagi Wah

in fact, after getting the first piece of the rod - if you talk to gaal instead of tad, the unseeing eye should appear and attack.

saves you having to go down to the pit!! (now that's a thought 'Thelion')

Old 12-12-2000, 10:21 PM   #8
mildred

Argh! This same thing happened to me! I asked about it a few weeks ago but no one seemed to know. I can't get hin to show up--not even by slaughtering everyone in the lair. *sigh* I guess it's just a bug, and it's too late to reload. (

Old 12-13-2000, 05:20 AM   #9
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Nod, happened to me as well the first time I was there... since I didn't know how to kill the monster in the temple I ran up to Gaal again and chopped him to pieces, causing a beholder to emerge. I thought it was the God, but he was way easier than the real Unseeing Eye. Then I ran back to the temple, but this time both the monster and the Avatar was there. The Avatar wanted me to kill the God (?) but it was impossible to go down into the pit in the Cultists lair.

Seems it's rather easy to mess up in this quest. Last time I finally did the things in the right order, but that damn rod disappeared after I blast the God with it. Had to get it back with ShadowKeeper to finish the quest. I had a rather dramatic fight with the God too. He has some rather nasty spells like PowerWord Kill which he's awfully fast with. When I finally got him I first blasted him with the rod, getting him to near death. He then stunned my main char and I saw how swirls of the next spell began to soar around him. Frantically I searched for a quick spell or someone near him to finish him off, but noone was close enough since my char was stunned and Mazzy was out of ammo. Minsc had one (1) acid arrow left though, so he tossed it over to Maz, who shot her single arrow straight in the Beholders unseeing eye, killing him even as the battlemessage said "Beholder: Cast Power Word Kill."

Now thats some drama for ya.
Old 12-13-2000, 07:20 AM   #10
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there, i finished this quest five times now, all in similiar fashion. So here is the SPOILER ALERT!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- One get the task from the priests, get Keldorn, and go downto the temple, for alot of XPs go to the center of the round room, watch out for cloudkill and aerial annoying things..
- Two talk to Gall, be polite, ask for a quest, get key.
- Go to other place and talk to the blind dude, get info.
- Three, if you have a good party open the Lichkings grave, fight like damned hurricanes..
-Four get down to the cave to the god of I´s temple speak to persons and go inside, fight demon, go outside quick, talk to people agin then go inside cast one to three qure light wounds on demon and Voila speak to "I" and get new quest.
-Five back to the blind dude at the Lichgrave and talk to him get more info about a person to speak with.
-Six Avoid Gaal and venture down into the pit, kill undead bastards receive some cool items go inside the Beholders lar.
-Seven hold to the left and kill first beholders and then to the middle, alot of evil worshippers, can anyone say cloudkill??
-Eight, go straight up into treasure chamber, loot and fix the two rod parts together (i.e get thne on same character, equip in user slot) Go outside and meet the unseeing eye, use rod (one ime use only) kill it!
- Nine Venture forth and loot the rest of the lair and then back up, kill badies and loot if you want to.
- Ten back to the god of "I" talk to the helpers and then finish that quest receive a good shield and good XP.
-Eleven, go back up and go on adventuring.. Pewiue...