Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2001, 08:35 AM   #1
rodimus
The Magister

The unofficial expansion for BG2-SoA is out now. I heard about about new jobs and npcs. Does anyone know???
Old 10-18-2001, 08:43 AM   #2
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

is there a website you can send me to to have a look at this??

------------------
Nor shadow or myst
the jester is a myth
he is absolute
beware the jester
Old 10-18-2001, 09:15 AM   #3
mitsos

I would be interested as wll for such a thing. Please if you know the site, tall us where it is.

Old 10-18-2001, 09:38 AM   #4
YeRFDoG
The Magister

its at www.teambg.net/tdd/

and its 266mb to download..........

------------------
........And in the darkness bind them......
Old 10-18-2001, 10:07 AM   #5
MrO
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So.. uh how do these work?

If I install it, do I need to start over? Once it's in, does it "impose" itself on my game and make me follow a different set of quests? Also, what happens if I'm not quite up for playing the game all the way through to get to the "new" quests again? or are they there at the get go?

And, not to be mean, but is Team BG reputable? I mean, I hate to sound paranoid, but this won't reformt my hard drive will it?

Mr. O
thanks for the info in advance
Old 10-18-2001, 10:16 AM   #6
Zbyszek

Go to that page and everything is written - new NPC, weapons ....
How to play, install etc

Zbyszek
Old 10-18-2001, 10:23 AM   #7
MrO
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read through the faq, but there are those two lingering questions:
1) I'm not up for the 6 weeks it took me to play through SoA the first time (I'm a casual gamer) to play though it again to get to any new quests. I'd be totally game if I launched a new game and "bamm" there's this new problem to go deal with. Or if like ToSC they provide a saved game that you can "start" with that's all caught up, if you know what I mean.

They've got another Mod in production that looks really good that I *assume* will be a total conversion and start from a new opening, taht's based on Ravenloft.

2) Are these guys good? I don't trust much I download....

Mr. O
Old 10-18-2001, 11:03 AM   #8
Grojlach
Zartan

Mr. O, don't have any doubts about whether teambg is trustworthy or not... Because they definitely are! Minto and Potencius been working on this for almost a year and reformatting your harddisk is about the last thing this expansion set will do... I've awaited this release since February.. I've already downloaded it and I'm going to play it as soon as I have freed enough diskspace. Trust me, this is not a hacker's joke if you saw it that way, it's a real free downloadable BG2 expansion set!
Oh and there have been two beta test sessions already, so yes, I think you won't break any legs over bugs and all, most of them have been taken care of.

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.

[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 10-18-2001).]