Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-10-2001, 10:48 PM   #31
Maestro_v69
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heh, I think Edwin and Korgan have the best lines in the game, especially when chatting up their female party member of choice ("This Thayvian male is as red-blooded as his cloak, Viconia, and has left many a concubine gasping under his erotic onslaught"-Edwin)

As for Anomen, my prickly conjurer took offense at his questioning the parties worth, and force-fed him some magic missiles. He is supposedly good for fighting and clerical spells, but is the best at neither, and is therefore of little use to me.
Old 03-11-2001, 02:26 AM   #32
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

No problem.

I'm just stating out my opinion

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-11-2001, 02:58 AM   #33
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

After doing the whole romace with Aeries I figured I could stand his moaning, and did so for a while, but after finding a slight bug, I just had to kill the guy over and over and over again.
He fairly good, gets a few good healing spells, but not as good as Vicona as a cleric, he fights well, with the right stuff. I guess it all depends on if you want a fighter that has fewer hp and not as good fighting skill but can cast healing spells, or not.
Old 03-11-2001, 07:39 AM   #34
Epona
Zartan

I don't like Anomen's personality, but I have had him in my party in several games because he is not bad at fighting or cleric stuff. I just don't like him whining. But it is right that this stops if he gets his knighthood, then he also gets more spells because of his higher wisdom.

What I resent (being female) is that if I want a choice of romances I have to play as a male character. I think I'm right in saying that Haer'Dalis was originally going to be a romance story for female PCs, but that time constraints meant this was left out (why didn't they leave out one of the romances for male PCs instead to make it even? It is based on an assumption that most women aren't interested in playing computer games - have I got news for you!!!! - how are more women going to be encouraged, if a developer's idea of games for women involves either Barbie or Cosmo make-over kit. We like to shoot things too, you know)

Hopefully the Haer'Dalis thing will be ressurrected for the expansion.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-11-2001, 09:16 AM   #35
Lord Shield

Hopefully, they'll allow a possible romance with any character. Why restrict to a few? Are the others not warm-blooded or something? Or maybe they had the operation

Old 03-11-2001, 09:22 AM   #36
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Hopefully, they'll allow a possible romance with any character. Why restrict to a few? Are the others not warm-blooded or something? Or maybe they had the operation
The difficulty is in the amount of scripting required to carry on a romance, along with the time constraint of trying to have TOB ship by June/July.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame