Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
Jaguar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Letter

You see, I'm now in the last chapter of IWD. That's the good news. The bad news is that, as I was going through Wyrm's Tooth, I needed to put my character's inventory on a diet. I had collected all these books and letters and notes and potions and badges and gems. I had a theory that if I placed some items in chests, they wouldn't disappear and I could come back for them later (I first tried it upstairs in the Inn at Kuldahar and it worked).

On to the problem...

I was just looking through my journal and noticed that those badges are actually important to completing the game. I back-tracked, looking for that frost giant's badge I hid someplace and, um...lost it.

My fighter, Johann, looked at my bard and said, "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!" And so I contined on where I left off. Then I really got to thinking...

Do I absolutely, positively, undoubtedly need those badges to complete the game? If so, should I forget IWD and start up BG2? I'm really itching to get into BG2, so it wouldn't entirely ruin my day if I had to give up IWD...I could always start it up again someday.

[ 09-23-2005, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]
Music to my ears; \"I love you, daddy.\"<br /><br />--Holly, my three-year old baby.<br /><br />Visit my friends and I at [url]\"http://www.golom.com/forums\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.golom.com/forums</a>
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

Yes, you need that badge, but you can simply add it with Dalekeeper (game editor).
Old 09-24-2005, 04:14 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

You can use cheat codes to get this particular badge you're missing.

Enable cheat codes either in the icewind.ini file by adding "Cheats=1" under {game options} or in the config program if you have HoW.

Then ingame press ctrl+tab and type
CHEATERSDOPROSPER:CreateItem("JORIL")
or
GETYOURCHEATON:CreateItem("JORIL")
or
ctrlaltdelete:createitem("JORIL")

One of them will work depending on what game verison/expansions you have.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:55 PM   #4
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

!!!SPOILERS!!!
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
Yeah I had a similar problem, I planned to play all the expansions of IWD, so when I got to the point where you need the badges, I just dropped them all on the floor (seeing as thats the point of no return and I wanted to do the expansions before going through this bit)

So I go off and start HoW, I decided Id go check on my badges, and...there are only 5. Weird huh? Youd have thought all of them had dissappeared if any, but no. So I installed Dale Keeper and inserted the missing badge, suffice to say I put them in a chest in Kuldahar after that.

Anyway, Dale Keeper is quick and east to use, and perfect for situations like this.

[ 09-24-2005, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Soothsayer ]
Old 09-26-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
NobleNick
Quintesson

Jaguar,
~
~spoilerish~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Once you get those badges, go ahead and use them as the game intends you to use them. This way you do not lose them. Just do NOT go where you obviously should go next (immediately after placing the badges). Taking the obvious option is not irreversible (I think); but it shortly leads to an action that is. Instead of progressing the IWD game any further, go clean up any earlier outstanding quests (to get the expo) and then go do HoW.
~
~

Hope that helps.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:03 PM   #6
Jaguar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks to each and every one of you. Nick, I'll do just that. I appreciate your help!

--Jag
Music to my ears; \"I love you, daddy.\"<br /><br />--Holly, my three-year old baby.<br /><br />Visit my friends and I at [url]\"http://www.golom.com/forums\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.golom.com/forums</a>
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote