Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-01-2001, 01:57 PM   #81
Magness
Quintesson

Wow!!! What an old thread!!! Heck, I posted a reply on this one a year ago!!!

What it really seems to come down to is whether or not you like Minsc's personality. Minsc is a very capable fighter.

One thing that has been overlooked in all of the replies is that Minsc's UNMODIFIED stats are very solid and don't absolutely require modification. This is very useful at the beginning of BG2 when stat enhancing items are rare. Having Minsc in a party allows you to give your stat enhancing items to OTHER NPC's. The more NPC's you have that require stat enhancements, the more stat enhancing items you're gonna need. (Duh!!!) Minsc's presence lessens that need.

BTW ... for those of you that complain about Minsc taking "too much" damage ...

If you think a character is taking "too much" damage, crank up that char's AC!!! OK ... now for the big DUH ... Carry a friggin' shield if you're taking too much damage!!! Sure 2H weapons and dual-weilding are cool and deal out more damage. BUT taking more damage yourself is the price that you pay for not carrying a shield!!!

Old 11-01-2001, 04:32 PM   #82
Grey Wolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Liked him much better in BG2 than BG1. For some reason in BG1 he kept attacking me, which isn't very healthy...
Old 11-01-2001, 07:18 PM   #83
Snitzella
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like Minsc. He is a good fighter and also one of "the good guys".
Old 11-01-2001, 08:09 PM   #84
Darlon
The Magister

I think Minsc is my favorite npc's, even with this comments that were funny, I could always use a wreaking machine, although it does get annoying when Minsc boasts about "Minsc (and boo), and me being heroes".

Sheesh! No wonder hes chaotic good!
Old 11-01-2001, 08:14 PM   #85
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

minsc is tolerable, but I wouldn't play a single game without Boo. He is a must have for any group

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark. Gods how I fear the dark..." -Eldgrige Ebonall

"The only good mage is a dead mage, or at least one that can't cast spells" Sven Stonebreaker

"Warriors and wizards, what else is next" KeNciL KiLkaDiN