Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 07-20-2000, 04:52 PM   #1
kazzar

I have some characters that I want to import into a party that Im currently using. My party has a full 6 members. Now my question is this: What do I need to do as far as adding this new character to my party? When someone says that I need to export one of characters what are they talking about? Do I save the character on a floppy and then import the new character? How exactly do I go about saving/importing/exporting characters??
Old 07-30-2000, 08:56 PM   #2
Zhagig

1 Load up your existing game.
2 Click the record button.
3 Click Export button.
4 Name the character
5 Click done or enter
This saves your character in the IWD characters folder. An excellent way to get multiple scrolls, arrows, etc. is to give a character all the items you want to have multiples of. Export him/her. Then give all his items to another character. Save your game. Hit C from the game. This will bring you to the modify characters screen. Click modify characters then click on the name of the character you exported. Click Delete. Now Create a character. Click Import. Import the character you just exported(you'll have to reselect his appearance, voice, name etc). When finished Click done to start your game. If done properly you'll have multiple copies of all the stuff from the guy you exported. I gave each of my fighters 3 of the +2 bows I got from the High Archer Yuan-Ti & got lots of extra +2 arrows to Slaughter Yuximia or however you spell her name. Be sure you save before deleting your character that way you can just load up the last save incase you didn't export him properly.
Old 07-31-2000, 05:28 PM   #3
Felix
Welcomed New User

Note: cloning items in a single player game is like cheating
at solitaire: ultimately, not all that rewarding.

F.
Felix is offline   Reply With Quote