Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2002, 09:34 AM   #1
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Just a passing thought, not a complaint.

It just crossed my mind that I do a lot of logging in and out. When I get to work I need to log in to the network. Then I need to log in to access the internet (internet filtering is mandatory in Illinois public schools). Then I need to log in to check my E-mail, or to post on forums. In fact, logging in is a required part of my job. I can't take attendance without logging in (and that's a different log in by itself).

Of course if I leave my classroom to take my students to the computer lab for reasearch (that's a different log in) or typing, I need to log in all over again. I wonder how much time I spend logging and waiting (our computers aren't the fastest -- something about a shortage of funds and needing to replace the old 486 computers in the elementary schools before getting to us at the high school)?
Old 02-05-2002, 10:05 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
Just a passing thought, not a complaint.

It just crossed my mind that I do a lot of logging in and out. When I get to work I need to log in to the network. Then I need to log in to access the internet (internet filtering is mandatory in Illinois public schools). Then I need to log in to check my E-mail, or to post on forums. In fact, logging in is a required part of my job. I can't take attendance without logging in (and that's a different log in by itself).

Of course if I leave my classroom to take my students to the computer lab for reasearch (that's a different log in) or typing, I need to log in all over again. I wonder how much time I spend logging and waiting (our computers aren't the fastest -- something about a shortage of funds and needing to replace the old 486 computers in the elementary schools before getting to us at the high school)?

I remember living up north, and in the Winter, I'd have to throw a

Seriously though--same here FB, I am a webmaster.. I have to log in and out for like 20 things a day sometimes.. I even created batch file type programs that automaticly do it for me..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-05-2002, 12:14 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

If you are referring to logging in to Ironworks each day...I usually never log out. When I pull up the forums, I am already in. I am "in" on both PCs at once. I wonder if that would show me being here twice in the "who's online" feature?
Old 02-05-2002, 12:19 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

I am always logged in here at IW, but goodness me, my life consists of a series of passwords and security numbers. It's getting to the point where soon we won't be able to go for a pee if we forget the correct password....

To do my work I log in, log out, log in - I have about 3 different passwords at a time just for the basic work stuff, then I have 6 or 7 personal e-mail accounts, 20 or so forums which need passwords to log in, a whole range of other non-forum sites which require logging in and passwords, a security number to get money from the ATM, a password to get money over the counter at the bank, FB - I agree with you completely.

On another note, I worked out that over the course of my life, should I live an average span, more than 1 year of it would be spent waiting for buses - now THAT's a sobering thought... and guess what, I worked that out while I was waiting for the bus one night!

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Epona ]

Old 02-05-2002, 12:28 PM   #5
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

On another note, I worked out that over the course of my life, should I live an average span, more than 1 year of it would be spent waiting for buses - now THAT's a sobering thought... and guess what, I worked that out while I was waiting for the bus one night!

Buy a car, save life-time..
Spend it with your family and friends..
Live..
And with a car you can pick up all those handsome men who're just waiting for a beatiful woman with a beatiful car
Old 02-05-2002, 12:37 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:

Buy a car, save life-time..
Spend it with your family and friends..
Live..
And with a car you can pick up all those handsome men who're just waiting for a beatiful woman with a beatiful car

er... I can't drive.

No seriously, learning to drive and running a car is very expensive and bad for the environment. Too much pollution already, mad to be sitting in an individual tin can with my engine running when I live in one of the most congested and polluted cities in Europe.... I would just be adding to the problem, and would spend that time sitting in traffic queues instead.

Old 02-05-2002, 07:29 PM   #7
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Wow. I thought I had it rough, but I don't have anywhere near 20 different log ins? I think I'd go crazy. I can think that I'm only logged in to 5 different things at any one time (forgot about the grade program = 6). I didn't know I had it so good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Rumour has it that the Technology people might rip the motherboards out of the teacher computers and upgrade this summer. So I might not have to spend as much time waiting come fall. That would be nice.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:32 PM   #8
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I always am logged into forums, just have to log into msn.

And heres a hint, have the same password for everything, or have two, the first with a slight difference from the other. It helps alot.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas