Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

Smiley

okay... i can't find my original IWD box & cds, so i just ordered it from amazon and will be getting it next week.

my question is this: is the HoW/Trials of the Luremaster patch all i need? will it make the original IWD into Heart of Winter along with TotL? or is HOW a separate cd and the TOTL patch only for HoW?

i wish my memory was better on this. thanks for any help you can give.

V***V
Old 05-27-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
The Kiwi
The Magister

Icewind Dale was at the heart of my negative opinion of Intel chipsets, Creative drivers and support, and a five year personal ban against ATI VPUs. I never did get it running on the PC I had then.

However, did you forget http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...3;DaysPrune=10

That's IW's IWD forum in that link.

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

*slaps forehead* i DID forget we have an IWD forum. hopefully this thread will get sent over there.

personally, i never had any problems running the game on my intel/ati/creative pc (which i still have for playing older games). i just don't remember if HOW was a separate expansion or, like TotL, a downloadable patch thingie.

V***V
Old 05-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
The Kiwi
The Magister

I can look up on the shelf of old game boxes near the ceiling, and there is a bright green one with the name Heart of Winter on it. The missing box is ToSC (BG1), which I never had.

I had an Intel 440BX system board when IWD was new, with a PII/400 CPU, some kind of SB card, and an ATI Rage something AGP1 video card. I never got around to running the game when I finally replaced that terrible POS.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:16 AM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

HoW is a separate expansion. TotL is downloadable. You need HoW to install TotL.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

phooey! i should've ordered it at the same time, then. my dumb brain thought they were both downloadable content patches.

and Kiwi, i envy you. when i moved from NYC to Phoenix, i had to leave behind nearly every game i owned. i also used to be able to look up on the specially built game library walls i had to check on stuff... *sighs sadly*

thanks for the clarification, tho. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2007, 12:42 AM   #7
The Kiwi
The Magister

Considering the size of this room, if I had started keeping my games after finishing them from the very start, instead of selling them the way I did at first, I mightn't now have room for either my chair or for one of the computers in here. I never sold Star Flight, Wizardry I, or Bard's Tale I, and held onto a couple of the better Gold Box TSR games, but Baldur's Gate is about where I stopped selling them (I always had some thought of finishing that one, but never did so).

Beyond that situation, fairly often in the late 1980's and early 1990's, I rented games I wasn't sure about buying, and there were a great many really tight financial situations back then, when my contract hours were short for an entire semester, for instance (I taught in the local community college system then, but never as full time permanent staff). Fairly often, I might have wanted to buy a game after renting showed it was decent, but didn't have the money to do so.

[ 05-31-2007, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: The Kiwi ]