Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 12:22 PM   #1
Zink Whistlefly

"Our Biggest Premium NWN Module Ever!"

Here

$9.99

This came from nowhere!
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this as well.

EDIT OMG apparently all the new content can be distributed. Keep an eye out on the vault for the haks to get us this new content.

[ 06-22-2005, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 06-24-2005, 02:25 PM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

What do you mean? That it can be downloaded for free at some point in time?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

They'll put the content in a hak for the moment, and add it to a future patch as well.
The rationale is that they do not wish to withhold us the nifty new models, the music and all those components, and that it's all fine because while we'll have all the parts present, that doesn't mean we can experience the premium module itself without monetary contributions.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:03 PM   #5
Zebodog

It would be interesting to see a BG2 module for NWN. I suppose it would be nearly impossible to create such a storyline and the world associated with it, but it would be awesome to see BG2 through the NWN engine!
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:44 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:
It would be interesting to see a BG2 module for NWN. I suppose it would be nearly impossible to create such a storyline and the world associated with it, but it would be awesome to see BG2 through the NWN engine!
Why would it be impossible? You have the tools to create everything, from Candlekeep to the Asylum, to Suldanessalar, *don't quote me on the spelling there!!!*. The only real problem I see is scope. It will be a large module, to say the least. I looked at this once, even got some FR maps to look at. The Sword coast is an extremely large place. It made me understand why they have development teams, for sure.
The rest of it would be no problem, I think you could even do the Bhaal innate abilities. But it's such a large module that it would be easy to get discouraged, if you didn't have help. Anyway, the point is, there would be nothing easy about it, but it can be done. I think it would be cool to take a lvl one char, start at Candlekeep, and go from there, all the way to the end, problem is, Z has been building Undermountain for 3 years...I somebody started now, they might have it ready to start playing in a month, but might be busy for 3 years or more getting all the elements together, and in play.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

Has anyone started playing this yet?

How good is it?

Also, whats new?
Old 06-26-2005, 03:59 AM   #8
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:
Why would it be impossible? You have the tools to create everything, from Candlekeep to the Asylum, to Suldanessalar, *don't quote me on the spelling there!!!*. The only real problem I see is scope. It will be a large module, to say the least. I looked at this once, even got some FR maps to look at. The Sword coast is an extremely large place. It made me understand why they have development teams, for sure.
The rest of it would be no problem, I think you could even do the Bhaal innate abilities. But it's such a large module that it would be easy to get discouraged, if you didn't have help. Anyway, the point is, there would be nothing easy about it, but it can be done. I think it would be cool to take a lvl one char, start at Candlekeep, and go from there, all the way to the end, problem is, Z has been building Undermountain for 3 years...I somebody started now, they might have it ready to start playing in a month, but might be busy for 3 years or more getting all the elements together, and in play.
[/QUOTE]Many people have already tried this. The problem they face is duplicating the art that is presented in BG. That and the size and scope of some of the areas.

The only team I can think of at the moment that could do this is the DLA team but they are currently busy bringing Krynn to life.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:47 AM   #9
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Why couldn't some of the other "crews" out there commit to a project of significant scope? After all there are at least three noted groups working on the City Of Sigil (best known being CODI). Sure, they would be pouring their hearts and souls into something they didn't even own, but that never stopped retail salespeople from pushing products they don't believe in either. (Trust me, I AM one of those people.)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:48 AM   #10
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

See all the major crews are already working on projects. Doing Bg1 would be MASSIVE. Do a search on the NWN forums to see the discussions that have already come from ideas such as this.