Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-12-2000, 07:08 AM   #1
RedArrow

I went to goverment house and this wizard asked me to get back Valygar, dead or alive doesn't matter he needs the body. I would usually not accept this quest as I hate those cowled guys for taking Imoen plus having to pay 5000 gp for casting rights! Anyway the reason I accepted it is the probability getting info about Imoen. I have indeed no intention to turn Valygar to them, I just want to learn why they want this guy so bad.

Anyway, later I read somewhere if I agree to this quest I can not do one of the better quests in the game later on(was it the planar sphere quest?). Is this the case? I have a save right before I accepted the mission and I didn't do much after it so I can go back and not accept it easily.

Old 12-12-2000, 07:18 AM   #2
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

sorry msg spamm cause conection
Old 12-12-2000, 07:19 AM   #3
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

deleted
Old 12-12-2000, 07:20 AM   #4
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

deleted
Old 12-12-2000, 07:21 AM   #5
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I dont know, what you mean! If you find Valygar, he will want you to take him in your party and make the planet sphere quest, you know this big white thing in the slums. He doesnt want to go to the cowled mages, because they want only his blood in order to get themselves into the sphere. Now you have more choices:
1. You kill Valygar, take his body, go to the sphere in order to open the door and then you can give the body these silly mages.
2. You take him in your party, go to the cowled mages and say them your deal is broken , then go to the sphere, Valygar will open it. Now you can keep him as a party member or you can dump him if you dont want this.
Old 12-12-2000, 07:26 AM   #6
Armisael

Right... anyway, you can accept Tolgerias' quest and it won't affect the planar sphere quest (it's actually part of it).

Old 12-12-2000, 07:40 AM   #7
RedArrow

Thanks for the replies guys! As I said I read somewhere if you accepted the cowled wizard quest to find Valygar you can't do the planar sphere quest later. So I thought the game was hard coded like that(which I found very silly btw). Appearently the info I read was wrong. Cheer!