Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2002, 05:53 PM   #21
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by flibulzbuth:
quote:
Is it better than NWN?
In one word: yes.

...almost every D&D computer game i've played was better than NWN.

I've only played a few chapters of NWN. The training, cleaning NWN and a few places after this, so take my opinion for what it's worth. I hadn't the will to play further because a) i was bored and b) i have an underspecked computer.

IM not so humble O, NWN pretends to be a RP g when it's only a D&D bashthrough.
Or at best a rpg with a very poor scenario (think Gary Gigax first aventures) and cheesy quests you'd want to have finished already. Problem is, combats can get a bit boring in single-player. Not much possible strategy patterns apart from the best one for your only char. Also, combats were absolutly not challenging (even with my halfling 50%/50% druid-rogue). My hope for NWN rests on the shoulders of the modmakers who might built something with a story scope similar to fallout/BG1-2.

IWD2 is designed to be a bashthrough, it doesn't pretend to be something else. All the challenge rests on combat balance and, as stated in the other posts, the devs have done a good job on this aspect. Almost every fight is a tough one, and this comes from a hardcore IE fan.

Basically, if you enjoyed IWD with its scores of monsters and infinite snowfields, and if NWN let you down, you'll prefer IWD2 over the overhyped, overpriced RP-wanabe g.
[/QUOTE]Yeah i did not like NWN so good i also only played two chapters and i get bored with it so i hope the this game is better! But i cant get before september 29 here in this contry!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 06:56 PM   #22
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Guys, you know Amazon do international delivery don't you?
Old 09-12-2002, 06:27 PM   #23
Debaser

I found IWD I to be way too repetitive, and a far inferior game altogether compared to BG II and even BG I.

All these people are so down on NWN in this thread...I think NWN is undoubtedly far superior to ANY of the Infinity Engine games in EVERY way (except maybe the actual epic-storyline of the BG series, but even that is a moot topic because there are hundreds of Mods out there that the re-playability factor of NWN surpasses that of even BGII.

NWN is awesome.......flibulzbuth, I can't say your opinion means much to me because, honestly, the utter coolness of NWN didn't set in until towards the end of Ch. 1 for me. There is a WHOLE lot more to the game than the petty Prelude and a part of Ch. 1. A WHOLE lot more indeed!
Old 09-12-2002, 08:02 PM   #24
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

heh.
IWDII isnt out in australia yet
does it have nightmare/superman/ironman difficulty mode?

i still remember with fondness IWD with the superhard mode enabled PLUS my monster toughness patch.
when i get IWD2 i must make one for it as well.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:08 PM   #25
Baldassare
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterPooBaa:
heh.
IWDII isnt out in australia yet
does it have nightmare/superman/ironman difficulty mode?

i still remember with fondness IWD with the superhard mode enabled PLUS my monster toughness patch.
when i get IWD2 i must make one for it as well.
Yes it has the supercrazed hard mode! Don't want any part of that one yet. The game is hard enough as it is.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:20 AM   #26
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Guys, you know Amazon do international delivery don't you?
Yes and it takes 11-20 workdays to deliver unless you want to pay a really big price tag, thank you very much.. I rather wait and buy it to a normal price when my little favourite store gets it on the shelves.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote