Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-20-2002, 06:13 AM   #31
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

oops read your post wrong my bad
Old 06-20-2002, 06:24 AM   #32
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

No prob. Though you confused the heck out of me for a second.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:27 AM   #33
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
I think your subtlety is just too hot to handle o holey one.
If only one person hears my message I am satisfied. Look in my sig 'Subtitles are lost on me'!

Oh no! Now someone's talking about 'degrees of heaven' - maybe that's why we've got angles.

What about the Saxons and the Jutes! They invaded us as well!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-20-2002, 07:41 AM   #34
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Be on the lookout for osama's cousins.

Old 06-20-2002, 07:59 AM   #35
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

lol thats a good one [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-20-2002, 08:38 AM   #36
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

First off Id like to say KEEP THIS ON TOPIC.

Yall seem to be losing track of the original topic here.

The way Ive read it and hear it, was that God Cast out all of his self-centeredness and evil attibutes and embodied them in one being----Lucifer. Lucifer did not become Satan until he began to covet Gods throne ans was booted from heaven. God had to create Lucifer in order to continue his own exsistance. God being good and kind and loving logicly couldnt be cruel and sadistic. Supposedly its not in Gods nature to be uncaring unkind ect.

This is a major problem with me. In the bible it says those that sin and are condemned to hell WILL BURN FOR ETERNITY. To what purpose??? Is God supposed to get off on the fact that ALL sinners, no matter how great or how small, Will burn in hell for EVER? This is something I just dont buy.

Ive read that when God created Lucifer he created his ULTIMATE
creation. A creation so powerful that God could simply not destroy it.
Why?? Because God NEEDED it. It is the EVIL part of himself. So God cant destroy what is himself. And we now go back to the Yin-Yang expression. To have one we must have the other. One needs to HAVE a choice of paths in order to MAKE a choice in paths. I believe, that even if one chooses the Wrong path One will not burn in hell. Again, there is no purpose to that.

If we were discussing Catholosism --- whole nother subject--- Id be afraid that if I were to state my opinion on that, Id be accused of flaming. Such would not be the case. Id simply be stating facts. As I see them anyway.

I consider myself to be a Christian but there are some basic problems I have with the basics of Christianity. First of all most Christains have a tendency to kneel or whatever in front of a cross with the image of a man being crucified :Though shalt not worship any other God before me. NO praying to false idols... and thats exactly what the cross and the image of the man being crucified are. We as Christains do not pray to God (for the most part)--we pray in front of the image of the man we believe to be the SON of god. Thats worshipping another before GOD.

Jaweh is Gods name. Jesus is not Jaweh. Nor is the "holy Mary". I dont know of any religion that prays to Judas. or one that prays to
Peter.

Jesus said in he Bible that Religion in itself was a SIN. The only TRUE belief is in GOD. Dont get distracted by one religion saying its right and the others are wrong. ITs and endless circle. Only GOD is the true path--not the religion you choose to believe in.

Back on topic.

I believe there are angels. But I dont belive we will ever consiencly find them. They will find us. When they are needed the call will be delivered. We will not get an angel to come to our aid because we ask for it: we will get the aid of angels when God tells them we need it. When the battle of Armageddon begins it will be a battle of Evil versus Good.

There will never be a winner because without one, the nature of the universe cant have the other. It is the eternal struggle. Just as I believe there was a "big bang" that created the universe as we know it, there will be a "big crunch" followed by another "big bang." Perhaps God was the cuase of this. Perhaps God was the effect. I believe in both God and the Big Bang. I tend to lean toward God causing the Big Bang.

"for all actions there is an equal and opposite reaction" One of the basic laws of physics. More than that, I believe it is a basic law of NATURE.

[ 06-20-2002, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Earthdog ]
Old 06-20-2002, 08:42 AM   #37
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

nicely said... from your point of view in religion.

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-20-2002, 09:51 AM   #38
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
OK, the Angel thing has always had me baffled. The story of Lucifer seems extremely out of character for God.

Can someone please tell me what the Bible says about Angels. It seems everyone I talk to has different ideas about what Angels are. I'm sure most of it is made up to suit their own ideals.

So, what does the Bible actually say? I read pretty much all of it in my teenage years and I don't recall any definitions, let alone explanations of what Angels are, or how they were formed, or why they were formed.

If the Bible doesn't say squat, where the Hell do all these Angel stories come from?

I'm sure Yorick will tell me.

Avi.
well im sure he will... if he gets to see this [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-20-2002, 10:13 AM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
[QB]First off Id like to say KEEP THIS ON TOPIC.

Precisely. Let's keep this on topic, everyone.

Cloudy
Old 06-20-2002, 10:24 AM   #40
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
[QB]First off Id like to say KEEP THIS ON TOPIC.

Precisely. Let's keep this on topic, everyone.

Cloudy
[/QUOTE]Yes - no more going off at a tangent!

In fact no geometry at all!

[ 06-20-2002, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show