Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 03:18 PM   #1
cHiCkEn_HeD
Dungeon Master

ok everyone, going under the assumption that it is a FAIR fight (no cloudkill's or laying traps all over the place then resting) and both your team AND the baddy are enemies at the SAME time, who is the toughest baddy? a mind flayer, demi-lich, or dragon. I dont think a mind flayer will get may votes, but hey, i thought i would throw them in there. my vote would go to a dragon. in a fair fight, dragons almost always kick my ass. i quivering palmed firekrag's butt once, but that doesnt count. demi lich's REALLY kick my butt too though...... well.... maybe i just suck then..... heh. but ya, who do you think is the toughest baddy in a fair fight?
Old 03-06-2001, 03:30 PM   #2
Stealthy

I found Kangaax the hardest, especially if you don't use a cheesy method such as scrolls of protection against magic or undead. Dragons are relatively easy if you prepare properly beforehand and surround them on all sides. Mindflayers are annoying, but the right defensive spells and cloudkill wand defeat them every time.

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-06-2001, 04:16 PM   #3
Lord Shield

I would also say the Demilich. He required either: Holy Avenger, Ranger with Vorpal Sword, or Fighter with +4 weapon. Imprisonment every round means you need either: Scroll vs Magic, or cast Spell Shield against Abjuration school. Very limiting

Old 03-06-2001, 04:30 PM   #4
Marillion
The Magister

I would say Firkraag... I killed him once in just Melee Combat to try if that was possible with my chars... That was my hardest battle ever.
But this Demilich you keep talkting aboute.. where is he?
Have I missed him?
Or is that the one in tomb during the "Cult of the eyeless Quest" ?
If so I still say Firkraag.

------------------
May Helm smile upon thee..
Old 03-06-2001, 04:35 PM   #5
Lillie
Dungeon Master

Out of your list, I'd have to say Kangaxx. Imprisonment sucks! Hard to fight a battle when you ain't even there to fight it!

Off of your list though, I'd have to nominate Ol' Jonny Boy at the Tree of Life. Even though he didn't cast Imprisonment on my party (though he did Maze both my fighter and paladin), Jon was still a handful!
Old 03-06-2001, 04:42 PM   #6
Hesperex

chortle..chorotle I would have to say....Kangaxx...but thats not! counting that analy retentive bitch assed creation of John The Hellcaster's a lich but I forget it's name. It's sposed to be in Ravenloft

------------------

Old 03-06-2001, 05:06 PM   #7
Icebraker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try out the DRACOLICH at www.gis.net/~yos at the add on section.

------------------
When I am I and then I you and change you to ice!!!
Old 03-06-2001, 05:26 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Dragons without a doubt would be the toughest in a fair fight. If you can't use death fog or traps, it is hard to keep your warriors close enough to do damage when every few rounds you get blown back and stunned.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-06-2001, 05:29 PM   #9
Hesperex

Icebraker you the MAN! , thats what I was talking about but couldn't remember the name of

------------------

Old 03-06-2001, 05:31 PM   #10
Marillion
The Magister

A tip to succed in beating Dragons in melee only is to use Potions of Invulnerubility (or sumfin like that ) to help save aganist the stun from the dragons blow.