Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 03:26 PM   #261
Legolas
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
3. Describe the error/bug/mistake:
Whenever you hit someone with the Black blade of disaster (the one yo buy from the shop on the docks) the short casts death magic on you, killing you instantly if you aren't protected from deathmagic, and interrupts your fighting if you are protected.
This isn't a bug, it's what the planar rift property does.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #262
StigTC

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
Whenever you hit someone with the Black blade of disaster (the one yo buy from the shop on the docks) the short casts death magic on you, killing you instantly if you aren't protected from deathmagic, and interrupts your fighting if you are protected.
This isn't a bug, it's what the planar rift property does. [/QUOTE]Well the bug was more about the second thing where it interrupts your fighting if you have protection from deathmagic.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 02-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #263
Craig Alexander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I might have found a bug that is causing the server to crash

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. What level did this happen on?

Tavern

2. What were you doing at the exact moment this bug/error showed up?

One of my character had some items that he wanted to 'lend' to another one of my characters. I out the items in one or more magic bags and drop the bags in a corner of the tavern. I would then exit the module and try to load my other character

2 out of the three times I have done this the server has not been reachable when I try to get back on with my other character. I was later able to get on the server but of course the bag was gone.

I am not certain which particular bag I was using

4. Is your character good or evil?

Good from memory
Old 02-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #264
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Craig, were you the only player in the Undermountain at the time you left to come back with another character? If so, the server resets itself which would account for your stuff being gone and the time immediately after you left, when you couldn't get back in. Takes a few minutes for the game to reset.

If that's what happened, don't try to swap items to another char when you're the only player online, wait for someone else to join up. If that's not it, I guess I have no idea what the problem is. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 10:09 PM   #265
Craig Alexander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Craig, were you the only player in the Undermountain at the time you left to come back with another character? If so, the server resets itself which would account for your stuff being gone and the time immediately after you left, when you couldn't get back in. Takes a few minutes for the game to reset.

If that's what happened, don't try to swap items to another char when you're the only player online, wait for someone else to join up. If that's not it, I guess I have no idea what the problem is. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for the reply.

It is quite likely that I was the only player on at the time. I thought it reset after a certain time with no one on rather than straight away but I guess I was wrong.

I will be more careful next time I want to a transfer.

Cheers

Craig
Old 02-14-2005, 10:55 PM   #266
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I figured it might be what was going on! I've noticed it can take as long as 10 minutes or more for the server to reset when I leave (if I'm the only one online) and try to go back in.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:53 PM   #267
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

heya there.

I was online inside the Yawning Portal Inn and Tavern, purchasing new items for a new player (Neutral Good Dwarf Fighter Level 7 he was). My character was in the middle of buying things from Durnan when the server went down. Now, my problem is I can no longer find MY OWN CHARACTER on the server. I truly hope he has not been deleted.

The character was STORY, Lawful Evil, Level 16 (8 Rogue, 8 Wizard). All he was doing was buying goods from the store at Durnan's. If it is deleted, please let me know so may restart with a character. As well, is it possible (if I have to restart) to create a character with wings?

edited:
character was reloaded finally after waiting five minutes before starting to play again. still, it was very frightening to have my character seemingly disappear. I still would like to know if I am allowed to create characters with wings.

[ 02-16-2005, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:02 PM   #268
Valadius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

on lvl 13 when i forge with a diamond the drow merchant doesnt take the items, i was able to use the same [forge]sword and diamond to make several copies of the resulting blade and eventually she stopped taking my gold for it as well.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:45 AM   #269
Valadius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Got another one for ya, the guards in the inn and the hand of bane elf dude on lvl 12 show up as hostile and attack my lawful/nuetral monk...no other character just him.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:44 PM   #270
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have only just finished going through the Lake of Shadows on level 13 and was surprised to see how generous Halaster has become.

As usual my character was immediately assaulted by the drow assassins and I was a bit puzzled when I went up a level a bit more quickly than I expected. When I checked I was getting XP of anything fom 27,200 to 4000 XP, in addition to the usual 760, for killing each drow.

I started as a level 33 neutral fighter/rouge/weapon master and went up to level 40 in a few minutes. Any longer there and I'd be passing Varag's score.
Closed Thread