Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 12:01 PM   #51
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Z, you need to get your butt over there and post your concerns. It would be interesting to read their responses -- if you don't get locked down first! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #52
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

They automatically lock down threads when they get to 10 pages, I think to conserve bandwidth, but I couldn't say for sure.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #53
SHO-VA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

their responces are allways the same to anyone who post valid concerns about the PW/multiplay aspects of NWN2.

I'll sum it up here, and save you the time. PW are not important, as less than 5% of the community purchased NWN for multiplay. (since no questionair for why NWn was purchased, have to wonder if pulling that "fact" from their butts hurt at all)Stop whining about multiplay, as the focus is for the OC, and thats the only thing worth talking about. (nevermind the OC is only 20 hours long) NWN2 will be the greatest game ever! (how they know this is beyond me, as hardly anyone has got to play it for any lenght of time.) Anyone who posts a concern due to released info on multiplay is a doom crier/troll. (yet those that repeat the same its going to be awesome over and over are not) Any question about what is in for multiplay is a waste of time, better used talking about the ubber weapons, ubber class combos, and cool weapon graffix for all weapons, not just magic ones. (never mind that OE has devated from D&D by letting upto 4 classess be selected for a char, never mind that weapons do not leave trails in the real world, maybe magic ones do. and nevermind how stupid insane a game gets with abouve +7 anything) Pw should be happy they are getting a improved toolset, and awsome graffix, and shut the hell up (nevermind that to do anything with a build, like host it is going to be next to impossible, as their great graffix eat up so much memory, that online worlds have to be small. Never mind that if you build something you have to let everyone and their dog dl it, there by removing any suprises. nevermind that they arent including a viable DM client on the disk, so admining a PW will be next to impossible, unless of course a lasst minute dm client patch will be complete.) I hate OE, for what they have done to the NWN name. perhaps after its out, and is reviewed as the biggest flop since NEW COKE, we can petition WotC to not only pull atari's licence for D&D games, but ban OE from ever making another D&D title..
Old 06-16-2006, 07:25 AM   #54
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

One question and one question only (as my taste buds are not refined):

what is with all the hate about New Coke?
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:39 AM   #55
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It was nasty, and very short lived...
Old 06-16-2006, 11:08 AM   #56
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Actually, some of us liked the New Coke. It was certainly more like Pepsi and I've rarely met anyone who liked both.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #57
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I've posted there... but as Shova said, all the Fan boys say we are not important, and stuff..

lame..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #58
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Wait, the focus of NWN's should and always has been on the toolset and building/DMing features, showcasing capabilities such as PW support etc. If the focus was on the OC then it would be a D&D version of Oblivion. We all know that the NWN 1 OC was a fraction of what Morrowind was as will NWN 2 OC be a fraction of what Oblivion is.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #59
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

While the main focus was the toolset/dm client, initially, Bioware didn't think PW's would be possible. This doesn't include most online modules, like EfU, which isn't really a PW. It was all about sharing the adventures with your friends though...I just spent my entertainment budget for the month on a 250 Gig Harddrive, because my builder buddy is determined to go on with our little project in NWN'2, so determined, that he's getting two copies, and sending one to me...(I just love HD installation, 10 minutes of work, and it took 6+ hours to copy the data from my original 40 gig...The upside is, things seem to run a bit smoother.)
Old 06-17-2006, 03:03 AM   #60
Lucern
Quintesson

Hey guys...I almost never post here, because I don't play NWN...

but I followed it for years prior to its release, and I'll only add this: There was such a focus on (as SpiritWarrior suggests) the awesome capabilities of the toolset that, at least at one point, the idea was to have a single player game that only showcased what the thing was capable of. As in, like 3 levels of an adventure showing the various dialogue and scripting things it could do with some combat. The idea was that with great tools people would run their own adventures. The OC in the final product was the rare game I buy that I don't finish or ever intend to finish, and IMO, felt like a late decision in NWN's long development.

To see that they're snubbing the few salvageable parts of NWN (again, IMO) worries me.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote