Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-25-2001, 12:10 AM   #1
sweet_melanie

There is a Toad that will not move out of the water in the tunnel. I have tried Hail, Ukabu, and Goodbye to no avail. I have also applied the patch and no luck. I have tried a charm spell and he remains. Does anyone have any other ideas??? I am getting very close to having a toad BBQ.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:17 AM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You could forget the quest altogether. Shinwicki's Spear isn't that great, compared to what you get later in the game. If I'm correct there is a Halberd you get in the Sunken City that is way more powerful than the Spear. If you really want that spear though, the only thing I know of is someone mentioned cast portal or something. Wait, and someone useful will answer.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 12:42 AM   #3
Elara
The Magister

But, but, don't you want to be the Ukabu??!

If you have a pixie in your party, highlight that character and try to get around him. A ratling or gnome might be small enough too. Definitely don't have an Oomphaz trying it! If you still can't get by, then you could sorta liberate him from his mortal coil. Just be sure no other Toad is watching or they'll all get hostile and attack. Something like Flamedrop might work from a distance.. and who could connect it with you, right?
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 02:01 AM   #4
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I am of the Frog Legs and forget 'em school. I even tried a whole party of Pixies and still could not squeeze by. I eventually coined the phrase 'go Toad' when I stomped most of them into oblivion.

You will feel guilty but you will complete the quest.

The only other solution that works is to wait until you have the Moon (I think) spell Vanish and then remove him from the area.

And I agree, the spear just was not that valuable but the experience from so bad guys in the area is.
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 02:11 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

To this date (3 playthroughs) I still have had no problem with getting through the tunnel.'

My solutions: Get him to start walking by saying "Goodbye". This works most of the time.

If it doesn't work, get DIRECTLY in front of him and start pushing. You should be able to push him all the way down the corridor. Rude, but effective. He doesn't seem to mind.

These are the only two solutions I've ever had to employ, and as I said, I've had 100% effectiveness with them. I don't know if it's my system or setup, but so far, so good....

Anyway, I wish you luck. Try the "push" strategy first before "going toad" as Meow says. (Still love that term, Meow!)

Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 02:12 AM   #6
Elara
The Magister

Plus, each character will get a permanent +5 to their hitpoints if they touch the Toadem Pole.
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 01:32 PM   #7
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried pushing too. I could get the one on dry land with no problem but pushing did not work for Obstructionist Toad. Maybe if I had an Omphaz?

I agree that you should try to find a peaceful solution before removing the poor guy from the gene pool.

In a Darwinian sense I still wonder how the Toads managed to live this long.
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 01:45 PM   #8
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

If youve ever played might and magic VII there was a similiar problem in the dwarf fortress.
After i finished the quest i pushed shinwiki down the trapdoor to see what happened and when i went down after him he said "hello warm skin! Toads are stupid (mekdewa still says to me "why you not go to toad village ukabu?" when i finished that quest.
bottom line:
Try not to waste him if u are just starting in the game, i know you need the toads for some other quests.
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 02:31 PM   #9
DrDave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OT What about getting round a Queen of the Dead while staying invisible and surrounded by lava! They were also just a tad harder to kill than your average toad.
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 10:45 PM   #10
Saruman_the_White

i had this exact same problem, toad (or even two) get stuck in the first hallway and the only way to get by is to kill em...but heres a bit i figured out: grab some crates/barrels etc and drag em up the ladder and outside and toss em in the water...get a few of em and pile em up by one of the other dock-looking things with time and a bit of luck you should be able to kind of run/climb up your pile and onto another platform, therefore circumnavigating around the stuck toads...
now this is a real pain sometimes as i found it difficult to get up the boxes...but with some persistence (and alot of yelling at the screen) you should be able to make it
hope this helps

saruman