Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2001, 09:05 PM   #1
frostgiantsson
Dungeon Master

I'm just starting and Sarevok wants to join my party (which seems really cool). However, I've had the same party ever since that scum Yoshimo stabed me in the back and I go back Imoen. Thus, I'm looking for suggestions of who to lose:

1) Imoen - probably not as central to the plot no?, also decent mage
2) Minsc - not too useful, but I like the big lug
3) Jaheira - eh..., any reason to keep her?
4) Aerie - nice combo of mage / cleric firepower
5) Keldorn - he kicks ass!

Any thoughts, either opinion, or more important who's central to the game, would be appreciated.

Also, if I leave someone here in the pocket plane, does anyone know if I can ever get them back?

Finally, I assume it's standard operating procedure to loot anyone you're leaving of cool magic items no?

Thanks in advance.
frostgiantsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 09:22 PM   #2
trux

Imoen's a bhaalspawn too, remember? You might want to consider that before you choose her to drop.

If I were you I'd probably drop Jaheira unless she's your woman. Then let Sarevok kill her. Just a thought.

You can get anyone you leave in the pocket plane back, as this is now your "home" and you'll be returning often.

And yes, if you're leaving someone and not planning on taking them back strip them naked and leave them in a corner.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 09:28 PM   #3
LSRVIKING
The Magister

drop minsc Sarevok will be a better replacement
LSRVIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 11:36 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I have exactly the same party make-up and I intend to drop Minsc for Sarevok (I'm right at the end of SoA right now).

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 04:51 AM   #5
Erekose
The Magister

i dropped minsc and wasn't too worried about it.

------------------
THE RUNES ON THE SWORD ARE THE WORMS THAT ARE WISE
THE NAME OF THE SWORD IS THE SAME AS THE SCYTHE
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:56 AM   #6
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I dropped Minsc and have no regrets about it. Saverok is 10 times the fighter that Minsc ever was, IMHO. Good tradeoff. Might also want to consider Jaheira if you want to go with a fighter-heavy party. Jaheira constantly got chunked in my party...even with good AC and good weapons. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with any weapon that I gave her...but you lose some good Druid spells.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:46 AM   #7
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I think you should also get rid of Jaheria. She couldn't hit anything. Her druid spells are pretty nice though, but you shouldn't need them much with Aerie. Oh and Minsc has a whole lot to say in the game. Keep him around.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote