Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-12-2003, 09:55 AM   #61
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Stuie is too expensive, bowls too short, lacks control, has negligible drift or guile, overbowls his wrongun, has no top spinner or slider, and is a twonk to boot. He is servicable but lacks effectivness, and is not the same league as Warnie. If they have to get another leg-spinner, it should be that new kid from Victoria.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:01 AM   #62
Donut
Jack Burton

As expected Shiney failed the second drug test. He's likely to pick up a 2 year ban from cricket.

The head of the World Anti-doping Agency likened his excuse to "I got it from the toilet seat"

[ 02-19-2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-19-2003, 09:26 AM   #63
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Warnies mum's a toilet seat?? No wonder his career's going down the tubes.
It's a good thing the cricket board is flushing out the cheat. Last thing we need is someone who bowls on drugs. Still, I reckon the Aussies will scrub up alright. Says so in the paper. If they don't get to number one, they're a shoe in for number two.
Mind you, with all the crap flying about over Warnie, I'm struggling to hear what's going on in the Cup. It's all very draining.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:40 AM   #64
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

What kind of person would blame his mum - in public??? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

I haven't been Warney's biggest fan but I've always respected him for his ability to take the critical wickets and stand up to be counted when it matters, during the championship minutes of a game or series, but this has to take the cake. He's gone troppo!!

Go Stuie... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2003, 09:47 AM   #65
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

In any case, we don't need him anyway, and he wasn't bowling well anyway. Our pace attack has shown that it can bowl most teams out within the 50 overs - the only teams that I think would have the batsmen to hold out would be South Africa, NZ and maybe Sri Lanka - I don't rate any of the others as being able to prevent Lee, McGrath and Gillespie (with Hoggie and Lehmann in support) from taking ten wickets in the innings.

Old 02-19-2003, 08:03 PM   #66
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Yes, but does he still incistern he only took the one tablet?
Old 02-19-2003, 08:15 PM   #67
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Weird. My last post didn't bump the thread up... wonder if this does?
Old 02-20-2003, 04:44 AM   #68
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Shakes his head in disbelief at the fickle New South Welshmen that are bagging "our Shane". Not bowling well? Go Stuie? Where is the Fosters - that has to taste better on the mouth surely .

And who is the Pounding Richard who has decided sentence before trial - what a tosser.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:54 AM   #69
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Shakes his head in disbelief at the fickle New South Welshmen that are bagging "our Shane". Not bowling well? Go Stuie? Where is the Fosters - that has to taste better on the mouth surely .

And who is the Pounding Richard who has decided sentence before trial - what a tosser.
Dick pound was just giving back to us OZ types after the crap we laid on him before and after the Olympics regarding the drug cheats from around the world taking our medals.

I never got worked up about this issue until the last two days when I have had nothing but grief from my pommy friends accusing our swimmers and other sports stars of being drug cheats. Now it has hit home that this fat prick has sullied our nations great sporting achievements. High treason!

[ 02-20-2003, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years