Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-05-2001, 02:40 PM   #1
icestorm
Welcomed New User

help please SOS
i bought icewind dale !
i have a pentium 3 , 667 mhz
sound blaster 128 creative
GEFORCE 256 with 32 MB , and my computer is above the games requirements
i have directx 7.0 by the way , and in the display diagnose of Directx it says everything works fine when i do the testing thingy
but it also says the driver is not certified , and i tried almost every version of the driver and still its not certified by Directx
anyway
when i load the game it shows me the intro video , and when its about to come to the MAIN MENU it crushess to windows !! damn it ( without any error message )
i also tried to make it work in windowes mode so then it crushed into windows and said : this aplication have made an illegal ... bla bla bla
idmain cause an invalid page fault in ... bla bla bla registers
and by the way my computer is after format with windows 98
so everything is new here
ANY SUGESTIONS ?
S.O.S
icestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 10:06 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For some reason, I think that the Version of Direct X you need is Direct X 7.
Do you have that one???
I apologize, but will have to leave this one to the tech support guys onour site that know what they are talking about.
I shall continue to check in, and make sure you are being looked after.
If not, then I will kill somebody for you...

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 11:28 AM   #3
icestorm
Welcomed New User

i have DIRECTX 7.0 which is in the game CD , which mean its supose to be perfect for the game
and by the way :
now my display driver is certified by directx . and i have 32 MB memory on the display card ( its GEFORCE 256 BTW )
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ?
but it still crushes to windows in the moment its about to come to the main menu
damn
icestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 12:34 PM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Illegal operation message? "IDMAIN caused invalid page fault in modeule " we need that second filename.
So far we know that IDMAIN caused the problem. Most-likely a bad installation of IWD. Try deleting and reinstalling then reboot and try again.
If that does not help, maybe there is another program interfereing somehow (depending on the other filename; but if it's Kernl32, you ogtta reinstall)

hope that helps

oh, and i use DX 7.0a, but i don't think that matters too much. (get that GPF message again, maybe it's conflicting with DX and you need to reinstall THAT?)

[This message has been edited by Leafy (edited 10-06-2001).]
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote