Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
Target
Red Dragon

Default Smart Phones

I've had a second hand phone for a while, its Android. But lately I've been getting messages saying it's full and no room to up date apps. It's quite old. So I've been thinking of up dating it.
I don't own anything made by apple, so maybe to late to switch to iOS.
So with the release of googles new phone I'm thinking of taking the plunge and getting that. What do you guys think of it? Would like the HTC one but it still costs a lot more.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Smart Phones

If you had the money, go for the Samsung Galaxy series of phones.. larger display, and very cool HD. TONS of apps and all the bells and whistles. You can get a deal on last years model with a 2 year plan I think too.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
If you had the money, go for the Samsung Galaxy series of phones.. larger display, and very cool HD. TONS of apps and all the bells and whistles. You can get a deal on last years model with a 2 year plan I think too.
I don't know anything about smart phones on my own but I hear the employees in our company always talking about Galaxy phones being what everybody wants.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Thumbs Up Re: Smart Phones

I got my first ever tablet, and it was a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8 inch) 16 gig (16 is more than enough) you can always add in a microSD up to 64gig.

It was $279.99 at best buy. Only does WiFi, but thats fine, as we have tons of hot spots everywhere here, but mainly will use it to read ebooks and use twitter and facebook.
What you need with it? You need a good pair of buds... sony has some good ones I got, they were $29 at target, and sound GOOD. came with all sizes of buds too.

I gotta get a case today.. my greasy hands make me keep wiping it off.. lol.. try to find a good case that also allows to have it stand up.. so you can monitor it while you work.
And if you don't want to touch it and get fingerprints on it, a Samsung Galaxy Tab Stylus (its $14) at amazon.

Thats all ya need really..

BTW. when your battery dies in the future, don't send it in, as the warranty will have been over before the battery dies. go to the link below, and watch how to remove the battery yourself. they use a plastic 'stick' thingy that they send you. and a battery--but I'd buy a samsung replacement battery, as 3rd party batteries can be dangerous... on samsungs site, they sell it for around $40 I think... but sending it in is like $130!!! lol.. ugh, naa.. watch the video, its simple to do.

Saves you cash too!!

(This is a video of a Galaxy Tab 2 not 3, but its the same way with 3)

I wouldn't buy their battery, again, go to samsungs support website, enter your model, and you can buy it.. but get that plastic tool... I'm sure they sell them somewhere.. amazon maybe?

Heres one--but they provide tons of tools as well as the plastic tool.. for $10.95
Amazon Link

Old 11-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
Target
Red Dragon

Ah, yes I've heard that they are good, my current second hand one is based on the original Galaxy, it's served me well. Bells and whistles are good too haha. Only problem I'm on a sim only deal. A bit more thinking needed I feel.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
Target
Red Dragon

Have you got lots of good apps for it?
Being in the UK there is no best buy out target for me haha target.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

What about GAME? do they carry tablets (besides games) ?

Old 11-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
Target
Red Dragon

Only second hand ones here.
Does anyone have wireless charging? Does it work well or just a gimmick?

Old 11-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Works, just slower than a wired mode.. uses electrodynamic induction... can't wait till they make graphene batteries.. thin as a credit card and last WEEKS on one charge.
Do a search on graphene. its about to be HUGE. It's 1 atom thick, can filter water, is more conductive than copper by a huge margin.. its crazy!

A Lithium air graphene battery may save electric cars from needing a recharge every 300 miles.. closer to a normal car, which would be awesome.. zero sound... heheh

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/02/tech/i...r-2d-material/

Old 11-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #10
Target
Red Dragon

Wow, this sound good. Why don't we have them now!! I guess they will cost a fortune when they come to market.