Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Question Mark

Heyas everyone

I just was wondering if there is going to be a Demon Stone II?

I greatly enjoyed playing through the first game, I thought the graphics were great, the storyline was great, gameplay was great, characters were great, and the overall layout was very well made. Plus Ygorl looked awesome. I do wish it had've been longer but hey, if there will be a DS2 then who knows. Plus, you can play as Drizzt and I love any game with my favourite drow in.

So, does anyone know if there is a DS2 in the pipeline?

Thanks alot

--Kestrel--
Old 05-17-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait

You can play as Drizzt?????
Where could I find this game?

Dang, from how it sounds I sure hope theres a sequel. I've never heard of this.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:27 PM   #3
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Question Mark

Yep, you can play as Drizzt. He had been very well adapted aswell. He looks very nice I think.

The game is very well made, and the storyline was writen by R.A.Salvatore himself which is pretty cool. It stars Patrick Stewart doing the voice of Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun aswell. I do recommend this game.

I believe that it is for PS2, PC and XBox so check it out.

--Kestrel--

[ 05-18-2005, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Kestrel Daystar ]
Old 05-19-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
Huwge
Dungeon Master

Only gets an average score on PC Format UK...um 60 something %. States it is purely hacknslash

[ 05-19-2005, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Huwge ]
Old 11-17-2005, 11:45 PM   #5
SleepyJay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If anyone still cares, I picked it up and was pleasantly surprised. You have to put your thumb over the text that says "From the same Developers of ... Lord of the Rings: Two Towers." Just ignore that. (I only played the first LotR PS2 game, very briefly; very very disapointed; this is similar, but somehow doesn't suck).

It's well worth bargin bin prices.

jason.
SleepyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:24 AM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Very nice game. I would recomend it right away
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:48 AM   #7
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

its quite the button masher, true. only took a day to finish it. it was ok with a keyboard but i feel it would be easier with a controller.
i've not played any of the lord of the rings games (except for the recent ver of the hobbit and the snes lotr) so i've nothing to compare this to.
The three characters work well together and i like the voice actors they have. i enjoyed using the rogue b/c of the sneak attack ability - hide in shadows then jump up on a monster's shoulders and stab it in the neck. [img]smile.gif[/img]
The drizzt level was fun, watching him flourish around with twinkle and icing sugar.
some of the stages are tricky mainly when you get overwhelmed by monsters and/or you have to protect something. the only save points are at the end of each level but they are broken up so if you die you don't have to start the whole level again when you hit 'try again'.
it often gets chaotic when there's lots of monsters around. with no targeting system of melee (and not a great one for ranged - you don't get to choose or change your targets, not easily anyway) all you can do i point in the general direction of the baddie and hope for the best. and with relative movement, precision isn't easy. they only move in straight lines and when the camera changes they'll most likely change direction too. it made collecting some spoils of war a little awkward. but then again, my lack of console experience may explain a lot of that.
can't think of anything else for now.
so on the whole its a decent but short game. i wouldn't go comparing it to baldur's gate just yet [img]smile.gif[/img]