Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Hi all, I was perusing the mod list at pocketplane and thought I would try out the Darkest Day. It does not say it is non-weidu and wondered if anyone could say one way or the other if it is. Anyway, I thought it was converted, but perhaps the version I have is not. That said, I installed it anyway and it seems to be working fine. However, other mods no longer seem to work. The first example I noticed was Dungeon Be Gone. So, after started a game I saved and installed the mod, but it seems to mess up the kits. Then I reinstalled TDD and everything works fine again, but if I start a new game I have to go through the dungeon. I guess I am mainly confused. I would do a complete reinstall, but when I did it on my other computer I was not able to get the installer to work for ToB.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
jcompton
Elminster

TDD is in fact non-WeiDU, and it fills all the playable kit slots so no other mods can add playable kits.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It was my understanding that TDD had been converted to WeiDU, but there are still non-WeiDU versions floating around--therefore, if the version you found doesn't say whether it's WeiDU or not, it isn't.

Short version: Don't instally any non-WeiDU mods.
Long version: You may install ONE non-WeiDU mod, but only one, and it must be after the BioWare patch and the BaldurDash fixpack and before any WeiDU mods. And even then, we'll still chuckle up our sleeves at you for installing a non-WeiDU mod. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 02:15 PM   #4
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Hehe...thanks Six. So far no major issues...though I am going to try and figure out the ToB problem on my other system. If I can do that I will do a fresh install on my laptop (and copy the necessary files for a quick reinstall this time) and try putting it on first. The kits aren't a big deal for me as I do not use them a lot...and could always uninstall them. Also, it looks like a Weidu version of TDD is to be released at some point according to what I have read at Spellhold Studios...and I might try a google search. BTW, if anyone can point me to a Weidu version that would be much appreciated.

Anyway, it is fun using different NPC's, even rehashed ones from BG1. One of these days I might even try a game without Jaheira as he banter is getting stale. Talking to her makes me feel as though my PC is unhappily married. LOL
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote