Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 01:56 AM   #21
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

so cool for you and your son playing together in bg2.. especially its your first time!. I remember my first time experience. Its really cool. Dont try and get spoilers and let yourself be amazed as the plots unfolds itself.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:36 PM   #22
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonewarrior:
My PC has a sweet Long Sword with which I can disrupt spells and cast silence so when I am able to get in close quick enough I have been successful, I also am fond of the Wyvern's Tail (hmm...haven't check to see if Jaheira can use this). I have Minsc using Sarevok's Sword of Choas or one of many Battle Axes.
One further spoiler-ish note I should give you: There are a fair number of enemies in the game that are immune to weapons of less than +3 enchantment. I would advise you to ensure that every Warrior in your party carries a weapon of at least +3 enchantment.....and soon.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:23 AM   #23
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

[/QUOTE]One further spoiler-ish note I should give you: There are a fair number of enemies in the game that are immune to weapons of less than +3 enchantment. I would advise you to ensure that every Warrior in your party carries a weapon of at least +3 enchantment.....and soon. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I have found this out the hard way. LOL I have a slew of +2 swords, but only a few staffs/spears of +3. Though now that I am in the underdark and fighting some Drow I am getting a few nice weapons. Though I have heard they are useless in sunlight...I do wonder though if they work at night or indoors.

I am getting ready to download the patch and fixpack. I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but Airee keeps lagging behind. I click for all to move and she moves a few feet. It is HIGHLY annoying. It only started happening after she and Anomen got into a fight. Not sure if it has anything to do with that.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:17 AM   #24
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Does she have a regenerating item on? I don't want to spoil you if you've only just reached the underdark, but after a certain point in the main plot this becomes a known issue. If you could let me know exactly where you are in the Underdark I'll explain what's up and the fix.
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:16 AM   #25
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
I have found this out the hard way. LOL I have a slew of +2 swords, but only a few staffs/spears of +3. Though now that I am in the underdark and fighting some Drow I am getting a few nice weapons. Though I have heard they are useless in sunlight...I do wonder though if they work at night or indoors.
You'll find out exactly what the situation with these weapons is when you leave the underdark
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:32 PM   #26
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:

I am getting ready to download the patch and fixpack. I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but Airee keeps lagging behind. I click for all to move and she moves a few feet. It is HIGHLY annoying. It only started happening after she and Anomen got into a fight. Not sure if it has anything to do with that.
It's possibly a dialogue problem. I had the same problem with Minsc - he would constantly turn to the PC as if to talk but not initiate dialogue, which meant he wouldn't walk more than a few metres before stopping. I had to get everyone moving, then click on him specially and baby him along - very irritating!
Old 02-06-2005, 06:30 PM   #27
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Shamrock, after installing the patch and the fix I have had no problems with Airee. I do have the Ring of Regenation, but I have my PC wearing it...though I have switched i to Minsc on one occasion to avoid a healing spell. LOL

I am on my last wuest for the Matron Mother where I get to pick a place to get her "ingredients". I have gone to the Kou-Toun dungeon and just entered the Beholder's Dungeon. Got some sweet items from the Elder Orb right inside. That was a fun fight. Not sure if I want to keep looking around (since I have what I need) or take off for the Mind Flayer dungeon.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #28
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Be aware that the 'best' time to explore all the lairs was before you entered the Drow city (not possible without prior knowledge I know)

You are on a real time limit though - I did what you were doing last game through, ran out of time and my cover was blown.

This is one of those rare moments where you actually do have to stick to the time limit specified.

My advice would be to get back there after 2 dungeons, and do the third when you leave.

Edit for my insanely poor choice of words - strongholds = lairs eg the mindflayer laid, kuo-toa lair etc

[ 02-06-2005, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 02-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #29
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
Be aware that the 'best' time to explore all the strongholds was before you entered the Drow city (not possible without prior knowledge I know)
I always do every quest that I could possibly do in before I do the main plot quest. I complete all the quests when I am in Chapter II, I like that chapter best of all others, heh. Less pressure.

--Kestrel--
Old 02-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #30
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Yeah I was being a complete monkey and didn't mean strongholds at all. [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

What I meant to say was that you may not have time to do all the three lair quests before you miss Phaere's deadline.