Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 09:48 PM   #31
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Wow, great effort there Kestrel! No, thanks, my current party would have no need for such a blade as I'm playing a nice good one for a change [img]smile.gif[/img] I'd be happy to host it if there is demand from other people though if you don't have the facility.

There's a possible typo in the description by the way - "both living and unloving" - should that be 'unliving'? Also a space needs to go in "aswell" immediately after it. Just ignore me if I'm being annoying, but thought you may not have noticed [img]smile.gif[/img]

The blade really benefits from not being overpowered: believable stats make it look so much more authentic - good job!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #32
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
Wow, great effort there Kestrel!

There's a possible typo in the description by the way - "both living and unloving" - should that be 'unliving'? Also a space needs to go in "aswell" immediately after it. Just ignore me if I'm being annoying, but thought you may not have noticed [img]smile.gif[/img]

The blade really benefits from not being overpowered: believable stats make it look so much more authentic - good job!
Thankyou, I appreciate your compliment [img]smile.gif[/img]

Noooo!! And I call myself a writer! Thanks for pointing those out for me. But 'unloving' wouldn't be bad either. What a way to persuade someone to love you eh? Heheh [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Warrior: "Do you love me?"
Lady: "Well..."
Warrior: "Before you answer, you should know, if you say no then my sword will kill you without me even moving it..."
Lady: "...Of course I love you! I always shall!!"
Warrior: *Grins slyly*

I couldn't really make an exactly opposite replica of Daystar seeing as there isn’t really an opposite of 'double damage to undead' short of 'double damage to living' which would make it overpowered. So I decided to add the immunities.
Then I went on the spell editor and tried to make an 'evil' sunray spell by changing the 'Unholy Word' spell around a bit.

Im glad you like it though, I was worried, heheh. First attempt at making a weapon I thought I might have done something wrong.

Thanks for the positive feedback

--Kestrel--
Old 01-23-2005, 06:57 AM   #33
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

i think having 2 long swords looks dumb.

Having a long sword and scemitar or long sword and katana... sweeeet [img]smile.gif[/img]
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:45 AM   #34
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Kestrel Daystar:
Thankyou, I appreciate your compliment [img]smile.gif[/img]

Noooo!! And I call myself a writer! Thanks for pointing those out for me. But 'unloving' wouldn't be bad either. What a way to persuade someone to love you eh? Heheh [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Warrior: "Do you love me?"
Lady: "Well..."
Warrior: "Before you answer, you should know, if you say no then my sword will kill you without me even moving it..."
Lady: "...Of course I love you! I always shall!!"
Warrior: *Grins slyly*

I couldn't really make an exactly opposite replica of Daystar seeing as there isn’t really an opposite of 'double damage to undead' short of 'double damage to living' which would make it overpowered. So I decided to add the immunities.
Then I went on the spell editor and tried to make an 'evil' sunray spell by changing the 'Unholy Word' spell around a bit.

Im glad you like it though, I was worried, heheh. First attempt at making a weapon I thought I might have done something wrong.

Thanks for the positive feedback

--Kestrel--
I thought you did a good job as well, Kestrel. I've often considered trying my own hand and making weapons or spells, but never had the time to sit down and try to learn it. But since I'm home recovering from my surgery right now, I have quite a bit of time.

I don't think I have IEEP on this computer though. Could you give me a link where I can download it?
Old 01-23-2005, 01:08 PM   #35
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Here you go Cerek. Sorry to hear you're not in the best of health, hope you get better soon!
Old 01-23-2005, 01:16 PM   #36
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
Here you go Cerek. Sorry to hear you're not in the best of health, hope you get better soon!
Thanks shamrock. Do I Save it into my SoA folder or somewhere else?

As for my health, I am recovering very well. I have very little pain anymore and my energy is slowly building back up to normal. I've been able to drive for the first time in the last few days, so my recovery is almost complete. Just need a couple more weeks of rest and I should be back to normal.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #37
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

You can save it anywhere - you have to direct it to your BG2 folder when you run it, so it doesn't really matter. Mine's running from my downloads folder for example. Glad to hear you're on the mend [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 01-23-2005, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 02-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #38
Jimmy Joe Jamboree
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thats one nice sword Kestral. You should put it into a mod then put it somewhere in the game, like Daystar is. You have to fight a Blackguard of Bane or something.

Could you send me it please?

J
i
m
m
y
Old 02-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #39
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Yeah, I want to do that. Im not very good at modding though. I hope I could impliment it into the new Xan mod though.

Yeah sure. I will attach it to an e-mail.

--Kestrel--