Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
Circe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I´ve installed SoA and ToB and patches, then I installed The big picture mod with SoS, Tdd and Tortured Souls, after that I Installed Ease-of-Use mod pack, only the things compatible to Bp according to the .readme file, next was Item-upgrade and after that I only installed a store that didnt overwrite anything at all. Now all my descriptions for the new stuff is gone, no name, no description on all new items or spells. What have I done wrong? And can I fix this without starting a new game?
Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
jcompton
Elminster

The Big Picture install procedure is so bizarre that even its fans recommend the use of three different installation guides to keep straight what you have to do. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
Circe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I managed to fix it... Indeed it was the bp screwing stuff up.. read the instructions over and over again. Wasn´t the store but tortured souls that wasnt installed properly THAT was a shitty one. Now I think its fixed. Atleast the spell descriptions show now.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:06 AM   #4
Circe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Damnit... anyone have a solution to this? I cant seem to find the descriptions for some items in stores. No name, description or anything. Anyone?
Old 01-03-2005, 08:42 AM   #5
Circe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I used Shadowkeeper to locate one robe I bought for a char. It was Namji´s robe. Anyone knows where it comes from so I know what mod thats doing this?
Old 01-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #6
Andyr
Manshoon

That sort of error sounds like an installation problem, rather than something wrong with the specific mod.

The complex installation procedure is one of the many reasons I don't play with the combination you have chosen. All I could suggest is to uninstall the mods, and try installing again. Make sure that neither the game nor an editor is running as you install, and that you install mods in the correct order.
[url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net/\" target=\"_blank\">\"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see...\"</a> - G3: Home of IE mods<br /><br />[url]\"http://forums.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">Forums</a><br /><br /><i>JCompton:</i> Suggested plugs include \"Click here so Compton doesn\'t ban me. [url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net/ub\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pocketplane.net/ub</a> \"
Andyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:00 AM   #7
Circe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the answer. I have installed everything as it says it should be installed. Having trouble with the tortured souls mod thats all I have figured out.
Uninstalled and installed 5-6 times and nothing seems to work.
Dunno what to do, followed the instructions and let bp install ts and Ive installed it manually myself. Have all the files and everything, but still goes wrong. Anyone a pro at installing ts?
Old 01-04-2005, 03:52 AM   #8
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Your problem may be TDD mod. It is supposed to be VERY(unplayably) buggy. Uninstall TDD and see how it looks then.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 05:25 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Circe:
Damnit... anyone have a solution to this? I cant seem to find the descriptions for some items in stores. No name, description or anything. Anyone?
Which stores?
All of the mods in The Big Picture are TLK-overwriting (which is why TBP needs to exist: short of remaking these mods with modern tools, there is simply no other way to have all of them installed at once and *work*... [shamless plug]or atleast, not on the same installation... see the link in my signature[/shameless plug]).
And this is what can cause problems like what you describe: all of the game text is stored in dialog.tlk (and, in some localisations, dialogf.tlk).
Make sure you follow the installation procedure to the letter. And when that doesn't work, go try again with a different guide. Or get someone to do these mods again with modern tools (eg, WeiDU), and without overwriting everything they touch....
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #10
Circe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I installed abystore a daemon named abysinia that appears in the docks district and it said that it would be compatible.