Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #171
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

No No No Secrets which are less than secret.

“Fool,” Asokil breathed after Jason, “No man would dare claim that title.” Tod's interest piqued, and seeing this, Asokil elaborated, his words low, “The Drakenclaw was a concubine, a courtesan who brought peace to our land. She, united the feuding lords, but not through war,” his look was one of disgust, “of the eight lords, she spent two years with each of them, and sired a brood. The sons ruled their father's thrones, and the daughters became concubines. Their mother, the 'Dragon', attracted a cult following, whereby she became 'Mistress of the Jade Veil' and her followers, 'Jadeclaws'. Over time, they retained their revered mother's tradition, but also turned to darker arts. They are concubines and assassins. The current Dragon is a direct descendant of the Drakenclaw, a daughter of the last Dragon, who was a daughter of the Dragon before. An unbroken line of daughters stemming from the original Dragon.”

Tod's eyes grew wide, and Asokil shrugged, “Any sons born of these Dragons serve as footsoldiers, elite guards, while any daughters are given to the Lords. The daughters are given back to the Dragon, and any sons remain to rule.” A sneer touched his lips, “The Dragon herself, the original, was fifteen when she bedded the first Lord. It is said that she lived five hundred years ago, and later, it was said she was a 'daughter of the Master'. Of her actual birth... she was probably some commoner's whelp, or perhaps the bastard child of a late Lord. Once the five Lords were bound by blood through the spawn of the Dragon, they united and turned on the rest of the feudal lords - little more than self-claimed bandits - and united the land. It is a foolish tale.”

His eyes locked sharply on Tod's, “Did you start that fire?”

The bandit's head shook, “No, m'lord... I was only sitting there enjoying my drink. These -” the bandit glanced in the party's direction, “left me to my own devices the moment we entered this town. I am of no threat to them, it seems.” Tod's eyes lowered, “I have no reason to torch the tavern; where would I run to?”

At the sincerity in Tod's eyes and words, Asokil's arms slipped around the bandit's waist and pulled Tod close. Nestling against his chest, Tod clung to him.
“So tell me,” Asokil inquired lightly, “What name do you wear?”

Before Tod could reply, the warrior called out to Jason, “If you ever threaten the lass again, you'll answer to my steel.”

“...Dot.” She whispered in his ear.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #172
Legolas
Jack Burton

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Ydalon

He scowled at Tod, nowhere in sight all day and then in an awful hurry to give the stranger useful information.

"Before you go ridin off, that's our exchange hostage on the horse there.
"Might be we're a generous group what don't do the water and bread, no ray of sunlight, permanent guard at the cage door routine, but we got a strict 'no escaping' policy in return. Just bad manners to walk off when you got better treatment than you got a right to hope for."

The boy watched Telryn's heroic efforts for a spell, tempted to help out but settling for an encouraging cheer instead.

"Besides," he turned back to the mounted rider, "we promised Isokla we'd be back with this one. Real important we keep our word, aye?"
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #173
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Arrow

“I ain't running off nowhere,” Tod - Dot - scowled, “...He's looking for 'is Lady, so are you. I don't see what the problem is.” Giving Ydalon a curious, rather than filthy, look, she asked, “But I ain't being pushed around by 'im.” She gestured at Jason, “He's puttin' on airs. I'm staying with Asokil.”

“Then it seems, for now, we should journey together,” Asokil sighed, “Since we seek the same thing.” He was not happy with where this was going, but resigned himself to such a fate. “Unless you have an objection?” His eyes turned sardonic, “I am sure I know much of the lady that is hidden to you. Lead me to her, and I will defend your group as my own.”

Tod hugged him, “See, no problem here. Right?”

Last edited by Calaethis Dragonsbane; 04-24-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Formatting...
Old 04-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #174
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram was happy. He had abandoned his horse which had wandered a couple dozen feet away, disgustedly grazing on trambled clumps of grass. But Nivram was happy. He had already downed more than half of the bottle given to him mere minutes ago, and his mood was getting merrier as the seconds ticked by. His thoughts though...

He could not shake a persistant thought. Yet he could not really nail it down either. It was more a bad feeling, as if something was wrong with him, with the others, with the world, with teddy bears, with rice wine...No, nothing was wrong with rice wine. He punctuated the thought with a long swallow and tried finding exactly what he thought was wrong.

The inn...or whatever burning was not wrong, it was the normal course of things lately and did not surprise Nivram much. Wherever he seemed to go things caught fire; nearly always independently of him. His companions were a right sort of bunch, a couple of them might have cut his throat if there was reward to it, a couple might have tried saving his life, but all in all they were a nice collection of charming rogues.

But yet...

Something was wrong.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #175
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

As Jason offered to take the girl from Telryn, thoughts ran through his head like a messenger to a commander during wartime.

Why was he trying to help? Why was he trying to solve a problem that wasnt his?

The answer him like a beam of light: Redemption.Of course he had thought of that earlier, but now he was once again trying to walk upon the path his father had wanted for him, once again on the road of the righteous.

What happend to him was tragic indeed. But now freedom was in his grasp, and ladies always loved a hero.

He put a hand on his new friends shoulder.

It's ok. I will take good care of her.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #176
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

"She needs space," Telryn grunted, before covering his mouth with his arm and letting out a hacking cough, "If you want to help, grab her some water."

"It's all well and good helping out after I've ran through a burning building," The big man bitterly thought to himself.

Why should he be bitter? He did what he was there to do; help people, save people. He wasn't a hero, he wasn't a knight, and he most certainly wasn't superhuman in any way. He didn't want reward, or praise, just a thankyou would suffice. He was just Telryn; foolishly brave, unnecessarily chivalrous, but just a simple man with simple needs.

Now where was that Jason with the water.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #177
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Nodding his head emphatically, Jason ran as fast as he could to the nearest well, which was convienently located at the far side of the next house.

On the way there Jason thought about Telryn's bitterness. But after a short moment he brushed it away. It was probably just from running through the fire. Running through fire, ha.

He would have hated to do that.

As he came back around the house, carrying two buckets that were located beside the well he saw Telryn cough again from the smoke.

He slowed down his last couple steps, and sat the buckets down next to his new friend.

Here you are. Fresh water from a well. Are you alright?
Old 06-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #178
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

By the time Jason had arrived, the young woman was sat up.

"Help her," He told Jason, before turning to the young woman, "Drink up."

Taking one of Jason's buckets with a quick "Thankyou", Telryn proceeded to pour it down his throat at an alarming pace, before splashing some over his soot-covered face. Glancing around, he could see the fire was slowly but surely being put out, or at least contained.

"Good as new," He grunted to himself.

Looking over to the "group" he saw none of them had done very much. At least they hadn't deserted and left him and Jason to it.

"All in a days work."
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #179
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Is there anyone else in the building?

By the time that Telryn had come out of the building and Jason brought him the water, villagers were rushing out of their homes in effort to stop the fire where it was, instead of letting it spread. It was refreshing to see a community come together to help a resident rather than just letting everything go.

Come my friend, time is wasting, we need to get to the others and get out of here. Something is amiss.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #180
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Arrow Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

In the midst of this proverbial(?) nonsensical bickering, the skies overhead underwent a change. As if tired of their wait, and caring not a wit for the woes of mortals below, they turned dark. And green. Lit by lightning, storm clouds gathered from seemingly out of nowhere, blotting out the poor sun and its lovely rays. Would it ever shine again? Possibly. Fire streaked across the sky, eerie blue flaring with the luminous green.

Given that all this was happening, there was little else to imply that anything of earth-shattering importance was going on. The clouds remained, and did not clear, and fire fell from the skies - in the form of meteorites; thousands of them, as if the very heavens wept. Most burnt up in the atmosphere, no larger than pebbles.

Where did they fall? Towards the island, where the capital was situated.

Elsewhere, Isokla was less than amused. That tended to be her usual disposition. Things were not going to plan, and a hostile force was descending upon her new lair. Such seemed to be the way of things. Much to her annoyance, her own plotting seemed to be backfiring. Her men were in too much of a drunken stupor to respond to the threat, and the other witches - these false 'priestesses of the master' were too foolish to do anything other than bicker.
So she made a discrete exit.

“So, uh, what now?” Tod - Dot - asked Asokil.

“Your guess is as good as mine,” Asokil shrugged, “I'm open to suggestions.”