Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-08-2004, 03:04 AM   #31
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Q'alooaith:

just to shoot a few hole's though your sweeping generalisations.

Dude. It's a joke, don't be lame. Of course they are generalisations, of course they are not the one and only absolute truth that applies to everyone. I do not really fall in the category myself (born in 1980) yet I remember most of the things listed. So what - it's a joooooke. For laughing. Humour. Y'know? [/QUOTE]That's your first misstake, assuming that I have a sence of humour, or that if I did it would be anything like your own.

I choose to laugh at the man who fall's over his feet and not the clown that copys him. understand?
Old 12-08-2004, 03:57 AM   #32
Melusine
Dracolisk

You don't have to be so touchy y'know? It wasn't *really* my sense of humour either if you must know, but that doesn't mean I don't see it was *meant* as a joke. No need to start picking apart a post just because you don't like it - nobody forces you to read it do they? If you have a problem with people copying jokes off of others, you shouldn't click on a single joke thread here on Ironworks - they're all copy-pasted. And I don't really like that either, but I'm not going to treat the posts of the people who made them as if they were intended seriously, and debate with their points. They're jokes, even if you don't like them. So go the Ironworks way:
1. If you see a joke thread you can either
a. Go in and post some inane comment like "LOL" "Haha" or "That's funny!" (pick this option if upping your postcount gets you off)
b. just ignore it
c. add another joke that you think is funny.

I just think it's not very useful to treat a joke as if it was meant seriously and literally, like you did. The thing that makes a lot of humour funny (to SOME people of course) is that there's a gap between the literal sense and the intended sense.

[ 12-08-2004, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 12-19-2004, 11:17 AM   #33
Sythe
Ra

Q'alooaith has just much the right to post as you do Mel. No matter how negative it is. Unless the post is to flame or flame bait.

[img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]