Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-17-2004, 07:25 PM   #21
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I am sorry to hear you are going through it, we had a similar thing happen to our beloved dog we knew when it was time, she feel into a coma, and when we arrived at the vet, she looked at us one last time as if to say good bye but we knew it was for the best, she had suffered to much because we could not accept that she was dying, but her illness was not cancer, my grandmother had a dog that got tumors alot, and she lived to be a ripe old age of 14 I think...if she suffers, do not hesitate to do what you think is best. but if she still shows signs of life, take her to a different vet and get a second oppinion if you wish, chances are there is a vet who can help her, best of luck on what ever you decide is best for you and your kitty [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2004, 01:31 AM   #22
Chewbacca
Zartan

Thank you so much for the support everyone!!! My wife and I truly appreciate it! Threads like this is why Ironworks totally rocks the free world!!!

I think all our kitty pics are on my wife'c PC, I will see if I can get some up to share. Twila is still moving around and jumping on the bed okay. She doesn't flinch when I touch the lump on her chest so I dont think she is in pain yet, though it must be uncomfortable to say the least.

Our other two cats are quite jealous that Twila is getting wet food everyday and all sorts of extra attention, but at the same time I think they *know* something is wrong. Especially Newman, our ten year old who has had Twila as a sidekick since she was a kitten. He has been very loud lately, more than his usual talkative self and he sleeps in the bedroom more, which is Twila's domain. I get some comfort from the fact the vet will make a housecall when the time comes and Newman can be right there at his sister's side.

Thanks again ya'll. Truly, we do not feel all alone in this challenging time.

[ 08-18-2004, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 08-18-2004, 01:34 AM   #23
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I know exactly how you feel Chewy. If you haven't yet, read my dedication page for my Previous Siamese cat, Charly. He lived till he was 16-17.

http://www.tgeweb.com/dedication.htm

I couldn't put him to sleep. I just could not do that. I held him and was with him until his last breath. That was the worst moment in my LIFE. A part of me died that night. And now, I get really worried because someday Choc will die, and seriously, I cannot even think about that.. I will lose it.
I love your dedication page!!! I had read it before, but now it has inspired me to flex my meager web-design skills and do something similiar.

I read how Charly would only drink from a glass in the bathroom, well Twila is the same!!! She has her own little cup next to the bathtub!

Thank you! [img]smile.gif[/img] May Choc live long and prosper!
Old 08-18-2004, 08:13 AM   #24
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I think the best thing is to remember al the good times you had with her, because im sure she loves you for that, and although losing her might be hard... doesnt the saying go "better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all?"
Old 08-18-2004, 09:39 AM   #25
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

very true hivetyrant

Catch me if you can..
Old 08-18-2004, 11:07 AM   #26
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I know exactly how you feel Chewy. If you haven't yet, read my dedication page for my Previous Siamese cat, Charly. He lived till he was 16-17.

http://www.tgeweb.com/dedication.htm

I couldn't put him to sleep. I just could not do that. I held him and was with him until his last breath. That was the worst moment in my LIFE. A part of me died that night. And now, I get really worried because someday Choc will die, and seriously, I cannot even think about that.. I will lose it.
I love your dedication page!!! I had read it before, but now it has inspired me to flex my meager web-design skills and do something similiar.

I read how Charly would only drink from a glass in the bathroom, well Twila is the same!!! She has her own little cup next to the bathtub!

Thank you! [img]smile.gif[/img] May Choc live long and prosper!
[/QUOTE]dexter (died in june) has a page in the works. it really is quite theraputic.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:28 PM   #27
Chewbacca
Zartan

Sunglass Man

Today Twila is up moving around the house! She just came to visit me while I sat at my PC cropping and resizing this pic and has now retreated back under the bed. Seeing her up and moving around is the best B-Day present I could have asked for this year!

Here is a pic of me and Twila:

Old 08-20-2004, 03:50 PM   #28
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Awesome news man! She looks good. Hopefully it will last. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2004, 03:57 PM   #29
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Awwwwww
Old 08-20-2004, 04:28 PM   #30
Xen