Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2002, 01:46 PM   #1
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Okay, I know I'm pushing the limits here, but I have thought f asking this a long time..
If a mod wants to close it, notify me, and I'll do it myself
Now to the question:

Should hasch/marijuana be legalized?
Both to grow, use and sell?
I know it is in some countries but in most it's still illegal..
And it's not that more dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes really, it can be a very effective stress-killer, instead of taking alot of poisonous pills..
The down-side is of course that it might lead you on to heavier stuff, but so can alcohol and cigarettes..
I can't really think of a down-side to it..
Apart from the occasional psycosis, but that's quite rare really..
And that you get bad lungs, of course..but again, you can get that from smoking cigarettes..
What's your opinion?

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

Old 02-15-2002, 01:52 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Hell, it would be fine with me if they leagalised all narcotics. And no, not for my own usage.

I think it's only a matter of time before it's leagalised, in Britain anyway. Other countries i'm not so sure about.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:54 PM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

I think it should be legalised, and I don't think this is inapropriate at all!

Most kids have done/do it. It is a natural substance, and is much safer than alchohol in my opinion. It isn't a hard drug, and has no side effects.It can even ease pain and other medical ailments. The only reason it isn't legal in my opinion, is because governments cannot tax it. They can tax beer, and other stuff, and make a fortune. But not "weed" as it is natural. It does no harm at all, and the only sideeffect: is that you get high, which is why we do it.

Simple.

At least we all know now Regin is a pothead!
Old 02-15-2002, 01:58 PM   #4
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I think it should be legalised, and I don't think this is inapropriate at all!

Most kids have done/do it. It is a natural substance, and is much safer than alchohol in my opinion. It isn't a hard drug, and has no side effects.It can even ease pain and other medical ailments. The only reason it isn't legal in my opinion, is because governments cannot tax it. They can tax beer, and other stuff, and make a fortune. But not "weed" as it is natural. It does no harm at all, and the only sideeffect: is that you get high, which is why we do it.

Simple.

At least we all know now Regin is a pothead!

Hrrm..I wouldn't know anything about that [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And you're probarbly right about the government thing..anything they can't get money from they make illegel..
And what about the fact that it might stop the bad liquor (home-brewed) and bad light drugs on the street if it was legalized..
Old 02-15-2002, 03:32 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

The biggest merit of legalizing hash & marihuana is that it will be out of the criminal circuit. Which means that you don't have to go to some shady dealer, who will try to get you hooked on more dangerous stuff, to get it. As said, it is not a lot worse than normal cigarettes, and in fact a lot less bad than alcohol.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:35 PM   #6
Campino

Imo,if softdrugs are used as medication,to soften the pain
and to make life more bearable,i don't mind.But to legalize it,is going to far,i think.I live in Holland,where it's very easy to get drugs.And i don't agree with our government on this.You have to draw the line somewhere.You do get inconvenience with soft drugs,and i don't want that.

So i have to disagree on this with you Sir Regin.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:36 PM   #7
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I am definately with you on this Regin. Time and time again it has been proven to not be physically addictive, and not be physically harmful. However it can be mentally addictive. This argument loses weight when you think that pretty much anything can be mentally addictive. Even posting on IW could be addicitive to some people (heaven forbid... [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

Basically it is a double standard of most countries law to allow alcohol and other drugs not simply legality, but also social necessity, yet to resign hash to the social dustbin. I do not know the reasoning behind it. Often it is argued that hash leads to hard drugs, but surely this is only because they are sold by the same dealer? There is no scientific or medial connection, simply a logistical one. By making grass illegal you force people who want to use it to be subjected to harder drugs pretty much whenever they want to buy some. So yes, this logic follows if hash is illegal. If it is legal and sold through regulated outlets, like alcohol, then the logistic chain is necessarily broken. So I kind of think that that argument against it is unfounded at best.

(BTW Regin, I too have been deliberating whether or not to start this thread for a while. I didn't know if it would be acceptable or not really. But now that you have started it... )
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-15-2002, 03:45 PM   #8
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Campino:
Imo,if softdrugs are used as medication,to soften the pain
and to make life more bearable,i don't mind.But to legalize it,is going to far,i think.I live in Holland,where it's very easy to get drugs.And i don't agree with our government on this.You have to draw the line somewhere.You do get inconvenience with soft drugs,and i don't want that.

So i have to disagree on this with you Sir Regin.

Interesting
I want both for and againsts [img]smile.gif[/img]
And Holland's view on drugs is, as most know, pretty liberal..
So how come you have that kind of view and most other dountries don't?
What's so special about Holland?

EDITED due to a strange case of mis-reading

Old 02-15-2002, 03:52 PM   #9
Campino

I can tell you many things why Holland is special,but none of them
are drugs-related [img]smile.gif[/img] I have a very clear opinion on this subject,
because i have seen all sorts of trouble and rubbish around me,
near my house and with my friends.Although i do know there are some good
things about hasjies,the bad side always comes first for me.

And i'm not sorry for disagreeing,i just do [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2002, 03:55 PM   #10
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I'm all for legalizing it. Personally, I have no head for weed so I just drink, but to each their own.

BTW, all of you who say it's no worse then cigarettes you are wrong. A joint that is exactly the size of a cigarette is 7-8 times worse for you.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition