Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-02-2002, 12:52 PM   #1
Vinetou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I accepted this quest in chapter 2 in Temple District. First I met Gaal, leader of the cult, who told me to go find a rod (whatever this is). Then I met Sassar, who told me that this rod is separated and i have to find the half of it. I don't know where is it. There is a tomb right next to Sassar, but i didn't open it yet, because Sassar told me not to. So i went downstairs to another room. I came to some kind of temple, but there is nothing but Empathic Manifestation, who i'm unable to kill. His status is Badly Hurt at the begining, but even i take him about 200 HP, he stays alive. How to kill him and what to do to complete the quest?
Vinetou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 12:54 PM   #2
Jim
Quintesson

HINT:

Don't bash him, heal him......
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 01:21 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

And the grave, just open it.
It will not ruin the quest.
And I believe that Jim told you how to kill the Empathic Manifestation...

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 01:37 PM   #4
Gimlee
Elminster

You can open the grave, but be carefull, if the lich usues meteor or something like that, it could kill Sassar. That's why he doesn't want you to open it now.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:30 AM   #5
Finn McCool
Dungeon Master

After reading a bunch of Eyeless questions, I think I finished the quest while still missing a bunch of important stuff. I got down into the sewers, past the gas chamber and to the large round room with the several small rooms attached and the catwalk into the center. I killed the one and only beholder I came across and searched everything else and it shows as a "done quest" in my journal. From the other posts it's apparent that there's more then I found. Note: I was unable to get through the locked sewer door on the Northern side of the main tunnel of the Eyeless sewers (not the tunnels where you first meet Keldorn). Any suggestions.
Finn McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 11:42 AM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

quote:
Originally posted by Finn McCool:
Note: I was unable to get through the locked sewer door on the Northern side of the main tunnel of the Eyeless sewers (not the tunnels where you first meet Keldorn). Any suggestions.

This door is not part of the Eyeless quest
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The key to this Mind Flayer dungeon is with Tazok (the big guy in Firkraag's dungeon, whom you know from BG1)
The dungeon holds lots of Illithid, hints to an uninished quest about "The Hidden", a Wand of Wonder and the Hammer of Thunderbolts (part of Crom Faeyr)
Old 03-05-2002, 12:13 PM   #7
Vinetou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, now i got the rod and killed the Eyeless God with it. But i can't win the fight vs the group of mages in the center of the map (i just suck in killing mages with spells). Is it even worth to try? If so, how to do it?
Vinetou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:09 PM   #8
Finn McCool
Dungeon Master

Thanks Faceman, but...(spoiler)
I got past that area already. Rather then the octagon shaped sewer tunnels, I meant the main tunnel as you enter the unseeing eye lair. At that point you can go south to the beholder area or go straight and it will eventually curve south and dead end. Just before it curves there's a door on the north side that's locked and un-knockable. How do I get throught, and is it even worthwhile? If all the rest of the beholders aren't behind the door, where are they? I've only encountered the blind beholder.
Thanks,
Finn McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:54 PM   #9
Billy Yank
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Finn McCool:
Thanks Faceman, but...(spoiler)
I got past that area already. Rather then the octagon shaped sewer tunnels, I meant the main tunnel as you enter the unseeing eye lair. At that point you can go south to the beholder area or go straight and it will eventually curve south and dead end. Just before it curves there's a door on the north side that's locked and un-knockable. How do I get throught, and is it even worthwhile? If all the rest of the beholders aren't behind the door, where are they? I've only encountered the blind beholder.
Thanks,

After finishing off the eyeless one, I came up behind that door when I left the beholder lair. IIRC, there's only one or two beholders besides the EO in that quest. Plus a few gauths.

quote:

OK, now i got the rod and killed the Eyeless God with it. But i can't win the fight vs the group of mages in the center of the map (i just suck in killing mages with spells). Is it even worth to try? If so, how to do it?

That was one of my weirdest fights in the game. I had been mauled badly by the gauths earlier in this quest and I didn't much fancy fighting their big brothers, so I used a stealthed Yoshimo and a couple fire elementals to clear the beholder lair. We came across the clerics in the center last and when they cast True Sight, I retreated Yoshi and started summoning more creatures. I watched the whole fight on the scrolling text. Whenever a couple of my summons would die, I'd summon something else and send it in. The last remaining priest was so weakened, he fell to our first barrage of missiles.