Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-14-2000, 04:38 AM   #1
Nordic

Well...I´m kind of trapped with the Mind Flayers in the Underdark and don´t know how I am supposed to beat these bastards. I have freed the slaves and opened the door as the God I am but now I always die when I engage the Flayers in battle. These guys (and their Umber Hulks)are simply too tough for me.

Old 11-14-2000, 04:58 AM   #2
Dreven

Did you get the control circlets? You can get these from a machine in the place you rescued the slaves. You can use them to charm the Mind Flayers.

Old 11-14-2000, 05:20 AM   #3
Niktorius
Welcomed New User

I've got the control circlets, but I can't say it was any usefull other than to get the doors opened. After that, I have been killed killed and then again killed. I hate this bastards!
Old 11-14-2000, 05:27 AM   #4
Dreven

Ok here is what I did when I had to clear a room full of mind flayers. I cast improved invisibility on my 3 best fighters. then I summoned some mosters. I had someone I could sacrifice open the door. Then I snuck in my 3 fighters and waited untile the mind flayers were ingaged with my summoned monsters and my other characters. Then I came up behind them and wiped up on the mind flayers first and the umberhulks second. Also you can get brine potions in a room to the north. Make you completley resistent to psionics. Hope this helps.

Dreven The Dark

Old 11-14-2000, 06:05 AM   #5
Nordic

Thank you Dreven.
I almost fell in love with you right about...NOW!