Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 04:41 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

An Ancient is anyone who was on the board as a member before BGII and Icewind Dale existed.
A Veteran is anyone who joined onto the board when BGII was opened.

Most of our members seem to be Veterans, by now. Only a few Ancients exist. I think I am the last Ancient born into the forum, before BGII/IWD, (that has stayed). The only two that were before me and still exist, and therefore are my superiors, are Rikard and Ertai. They answer to Ziroc only, for their power is that of Greater Beings.
Now, understand that some may be raised into the Greater Power position by the act and will of Lord Ziroc. You can also acheive this feat by marrying his cat.
Memnoch is one of these. Maybe the only. (No, he did not marry the cat to get there, either...)
Some veterans can achieve high ranks within their respective clans, and even to become leaders of the board, by way of popularity and service to others. This is acceptable, and even encouraged, as the way to become great in the eyes of our fellow man is through charitable service.

~exerpt fom: Larry's Chronicles of Ironwork's Deities

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Old 05-21-2001, 04:44 PM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

very touching... *sniff* ]

im a veteran !!!!!!

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe
Old 05-21-2001, 04:45 PM   #3
BladeMaster

Hey Larry_OHF I was on the board before BG2 came out I was just under a different name.

------------------

Old 05-21-2001, 05:09 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well Larry you should know that everybody is unique and special here, shouldnt you ?? Anyway, yeah, it seems that most of the oldies (petrarcus, opus, loser, even azreall) are gone

Blademaster: what was your name ? just curiosity, i had a different name too ( i was Adhrael, Adhy for my friends )

------------------
"TEEHEE !!!!" -The Mighty CloudQueen, to Ertai
Old 05-21-2001, 05:26 PM   #5
BladeMaster

I was under Kors_Bloodaxe. I did not post alot then

------------------

Old 05-21-2001, 05:45 PM   #6
Raze
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

Now, understand that some may be raised into the Greater Power position by the act and will of Lord Ziroc. [i]You can also acheive this feat by marrying his cat.

I'd need to see the cat befor I made any promises!
Old 05-21-2001, 06:39 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

profile #1

Profile #2

Now, what were you saying???

By the way, this thread is not intended to call anyone lesser beings...but the topic had come up before, and I like the terminology of Ancients and Veterans. It is appropriate, and applies to most people here.

Anyone that does not fall under Veteran status can still be accepted as high ranking members, and can possibly achieve rank of supremecy...based on their individual worth to others. To work and serve brings forth gain. To sow corruption and "flame" brings forth death and loss of status. ~Excerpt from the newly abridged Larry's guide to Ironworks.

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Old 05-21-2001, 06:55 PM   #8
Rikard

I Have Come to Guide you the lesser beings
I Am what they call the Ancient one
*sigh*
hm maybe Azzy is not gone as we all think he is

------------------

Help me create A Fantasy Realm with your imagination