Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-16-2001, 07:10 AM   #1
Michiel
Welcomed New User

Can somebody please help me, I am fighting against kangaxx and I kill him the first time (relatively easy), but then he begins blabbing about being alive and free because I killed him (he becomes a demi-lich). Once he is a demi-lich he begins casting imprisonment like crazy, I lose all my characters (even my sorcerror).......please help here
Old 08-16-2001, 07:21 AM   #2
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Welcome to Kangaxx the Demi-lich, one of the toughest battles in the game

Well, it would be anyway, if beating the guy was not already so well documented. If you trawl the archives you'll find a lot of stuff written about Kangaxx (entitled 50 ways to kill a demi-lich). I can't remember them all off hand (I'm sure someone will reply with them)

for the record he's magic immune, needs to be hit by +4 weapons and casts imprison at a rate of knots. The way I dealt with him was a scroll of magic immunity (wasteful) and the improved mace of disruption. Most anti-dead weaponry and spells will have a good effect, but I liked the scroll as the imprison is blocked out by the shield it creates. There are cheaper and more efficient ways to finish him though...

hope this helps

Old 08-16-2001, 10:13 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Korgan with his berserker rage is immune to imprisonment, so as long as you arm him with a +4 weapon you're ok. Otherwise cast Spell Immunity:Abjuration on a mage and then use about 3 Melf's Minute Meteors on him, which count as +5 weapons.

------------------
Old 08-16-2001, 11:07 AM   #4
Vampire

Minsc Beserk Rage does NOT WORK!
Old 08-16-2001, 11:23 AM   #5
fdirs
Dungeon Master

Personally I think Demi-Liches are pretty easy. Try using Dragon Breath. It usually kills them with the first cast. If it doesn't just cast it again. You might lose a guy to Imprisonment but since Kangaxx is in the town just goto the temple and get a Freedom spell.(I have Freedom in my spellbook.)

[This message has been edited by fdirs (edited 08-16-2001).]
Old 08-16-2001, 11:34 AM   #6
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

dragon breath is level 10 spell. By the time oyu can cast level 10 spells, even a simple fighter can wipe the floor with Kangaxx using a single scroll of protection from magic.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:07 PM   #7
Michiel
Welcomed New User

Thanks guys, the first tip was enough..Fortunately I am a Cavalier with the holy avenger (+5). Kangaxx is doing his dirtnap from now on