Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 03:02 PM   #1
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

I've seen references to going it solo and also in small parties.

What I would like to know is how can they survive unless they have someone who can use Divine/Wizardry spells? If I remember correctly, these two magic schools have the Enchanted Blade, Missile Shield, Armourplate, Magic Screen, Soul Shield and Elemental Shield buffs.

Just intrigued how, for example, they can survive Bayjin or the Sea Caves if nobody can put Soul Shield up? This is particularly the case with a faerie ninja who, I believe, cannot use any of these buffing spells.

How do you get round it? How can you survive?

Thanks.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 04:22 PM   #2
Phoonzang
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well Scrolls always help. Im pretty sure that any class can use any scroll. You just have to know the zone youre going into and what scrolls would be needed for it. Other than that, buy a LOT of hvy heal potions. Ummmm oh ya, since theres only one or whatever the number of chars is, they will get tons more xp. So they will generally be higher level then a party would be going into a new place or whatever. Personally Ive never done a solo run and dont ever plan to just because its so much more fun with more players, to me anyway.
Phoonzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 04:36 PM   #3
otter
Elminster

I've gone through with 3 Fighters and a Rogue, who i played as illiterate, so they only got magic from potions, powders and stix/bombs, and i found myself using almost only potions. What i missed most was Portal. I did switch to Novice mode a couple of times. I only had one death.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 04:39 PM   #4
Matthew Daly
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another option is to create a Faerie Bishop and switch to Ninja after learning whatever magic you want. Heck, you can have a solo Faerie Ninja who knows every spell in the book.
Matthew Daly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:00 AM   #5
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

One death?

I assume you didn't go after that witch up in the temple and all of her casters and death knights...!

Even on Novice, and a full party (fairly high level), my arse was handed to me over and over... she took some time to knock out. (And I still think I beat her with luck!)
Old 09-14-2002, 03:53 PM   #6
Oruboris

Each time through the game, I play with a more restricted party to keep the challange alive, yet each time it gets a little easier.

Last group was 4 fairies-- ranger, ninja, 2 bishops.

Odd thing is, it gets easier each time: Offed the temple witch [and nessie and everyone in the rapax away camp] without breaking a sweat...

You level SO much faster with small parties that I think they are generally easier than large ones, at least after reaching arnika for the first time.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 04:59 PM   #7
otter
Elminster

Yah, one death, and that was on AP. That bunch didn't go to SE Wild at all. (in fact, there's a lot of stuff you don't need to do to win)
otter is offline   Reply With Quote