Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2001, 10:01 PM   #1
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Never use potions before you enter Belhifet's room. He will dispell the effect.
in HoW, two Cornogons also aid him plus the golems (i think theres golems)

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!
Old 09-05-2001, 07:34 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

SPOILERS
Also there are dispel magic traps all over the floor - rendering your magic/potion defenses fairly useless.
I found this boss one tough mf to kill - he just would not die - I was battling him for maybe 20 minutes real time! And running from one side of the room to the other every time he teleported. GRRRRR. Got him in the end though.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 11:36 AM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

Yes, Belhefit is a tough. But I have a strategy that works, regardless of whether the 2 additional HOW monsters are present or not.

1. Have your mage(s) summon the toughest creatures possible between your party and Belhefit and the 2 Cornogons.

2. Engage the 2 iron golems with your best tanks. Take them out ASAP.

3. Take out the 2 Cornogons next.

4. Finally engage Belhefit with ranged weapons (arrows, bolts, and bullets). Belhefit cannot teleport out of range of a longbow!!! In fact, do NOT engage him up close. If Bel. starts chasing one of your characters, have that character run away. Belhefit does not have any ranged attacks and is helpless if you constantly pepper him with arrows, etc.

This strategy has worked very well for me.

Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 01:43 PM   #4
Vampire

Is he tougher than Demogorgan in ToB ***relatively***?

------------------
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 02:51 PM   #5
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Is he tougher than Demogorgan in ToB ***relatively***?
in my experience, yes, he was actually quite a bit harder to kill than Demogorgon.
first off, he dispells all your protections and buffs at the beginning of the battle. and if that wasn't enough there are dispel magic traps all over the room, so you have to be very careful if you don't want to dispel any protections you cast during the battle.
there are also two iron golems (I don't have HoW so I don't know about any aditional help) who always go after your weakest character (that would be a mage) and each of them throws a cloudkill when they get near your party. that means there's two cloudkill clouds right in the middle of the battlefield for a good portion of the battle, further restraining your movement.
not to mention, that he is generally a real tough mf, a lot of hp, some magic resistance, deals out a lot of melee damage, uses flamestrike (or something like it at least), teleports all over the place and uses improved invisibility.
it took me some five or six reloads to finally kill him and even then one of my chars died and the rest were all very near to dying. the key for me was to have all my chars hasted all the time and just pound the bastard to death. and I kept my weakest mage running around in circles to keep the golems busy
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote