Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-20-2001, 09:29 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I have ToB installed, but am currently in the middle of SoA. I used to have the Baldurdash fixpack installed but had to remove it when I got ToB.

I was wondering if ToB incorporates the many minor fixes and tweaks that the Baldurdash fixpack fixed. If it does then the rest of the post is irrelevant.

If not, would there by any problems if I install individual fixes to fix things like weapons doing the damage they're supposed to do, or items giving the wearer the protections/abilities they're supposed to, etc.

If I install individual fixes (the fixpack will not install anyway), how do I uninstall them later if I run into any problems (short of an uninstall/reinstall dance)?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-20-2001, 11:48 PM   #2
THE MASEMASTER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

check with TEAMBG thay have that answer posted

------------------
IS IT FRIDAY YET !!
Old 07-21-2001, 01:28 AM   #3
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

please enlighten us with more info, or a link please, masemaster
Old 07-21-2001, 02:03 PM   #4
hazard
Dungeon Master

You will need to pretty much un-install all of your custom files.

ToB looks for files in a certain date range. If you installed a fix which would make the date of the file more recent that ToB is looking for, it will generate problems ( the whole dialouge issue ).

Baldurdash put out a file that will un-install all of their custom fixes.

There are individual upgrades/etc. that wont work with ToB. I heard that the grandmastery fix will not work with ToB.

I dont know much more than that, Ive never really customized anything, but I have gathered that from posts since ToB was released.
Old 07-21-2001, 02:03 PM   #5
hazard
Dungeon Master

Doh!!! I almost forgot a big one.

Alot of people who installed xp cap removers in SoA were having problems in ToB ... like not being able to gain levels.