Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2001, 12:49 PM   #1
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

This is pretty well de-spoilerized, but the replies may contain spoilers!

My evil party is looking for a way to profit from The Imprisoned One. I played through once leaving him and that shifty cleric locked up, but there was no profit in that so I intend to play it over.

I think I could kill him, which he shouldn't mind, but he will probably fight like hell and I'll use up lots of expensive ammo. Since he is a prisoner he shouldn't have any good loot.

If I cut a deal with him, and he keeps his word, the rest of the game will be moot. So I am pretty sure he won't keep his word. Also pissing off Helm could be bad...

What is the most profitable way to proceed.

------------------
I'm confused. Explain to me again how peace and forgiveness will help me to crush my enemies and make them suffer.
Sherpa Doug
SherpaDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 05:43 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well, heres what i did (may not be most profitable tho):

it could be a spoiler...

i told him id read the ritual scroll. i got 100k per person for that, even though it did nothing. then i beat his ass into the ground! (use +2 or better weapons, so upgrade your infinite ammo pouches). make sure to memorize a bunch of lower resist and stuff, and DONT use timestop! hes immune to it, and hell just beat up on your fighters while theyre stuck there.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 06:03 PM   #3
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
well, heres what i did (may not be most profitable tho):

it could be a spoiler...

i told him id read the ritual scroll. i got 100k per person for that, even though it did nothing. then i beat his ass into the ground! (use +2 or better weapons, so upgrade your infinite ammo pouches). make sure to memorize a bunch of lower resist and stuff, and DONT use timestop! hes immune to it, and hell just beat up on your fighters while theyre stuck there.

thought it was 80k for reading the scroll and 100k when you kick his ass - also use Greater Whirlwind

or you can cheese him by using 10 charges from a wand of cloudkill when he can't see you

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site
Old 08-27-2001, 08:43 PM   #4
Thrawn
The Magister

don't forget traps!!!!! they can help softern him up for your fighters
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 10:29 PM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well i got 100k... weird, huh? perhaps its cuz i dont have any additional patches? idunno...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 10:42 AM   #6
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

The vigil knights tell me, that Helm doesn't want the creature killed for some reason?? why is that, if that thing is gonna piss me off, I'll kill it Does anybody have some clues??

------------------
I pledged my vows to Torm - Mirac Honorguard (Undead Hunter)
Mirac Honorguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 11:37 AM   #7
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:
The vigil knights tell me, that Helm doesn't want the creature killed for some reason?? why is that, if that thing is gonna piss me off, I'll kill it Does anybody have some clues??

Helm doesnt want demogorgan killed because at the moment he is imprisoned in the watchers keep and can do nothing. If he is killed he will reform in the abyss, him being an abyssal Lord and once more will plauge the prime with badness.

------------------
Where ever the journey will take us all
Be sure that our nature will reign
Old 09-02-2001, 01:33 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Step one: Accept the Scroll from the Helm Ghost.

80,000 Xp per person.

Step two: Kick Demogorgan's ass.

100,000 Xp per person.

Step three: Go outside and read the scroll.

20,000 Xp per person.

Grand total, 200,000 Xp per person, and that's excluding Demogorgan's minions.

Easy way to kill Demogorgan:

Set seven Spike Traps and surround his spawning area with Aerial Servants. It's a instant kill when he spawns. Cheap I know, but if you want a quick Xp boost, there you go.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 06:34 PM   #9
Jim
Quintesson

That's pretty similair to what I did, but I figure different XP rewards:

Read the initial scroll given to you when you accept the watchers keep mission. 80,000XP each. Talk to demogorgon to free yourselves and talk to the vigil nights again.

Accept the scroll from the ghost of helm for 25,000XP each

Kill demogorgon for 100,000 XP each

Go outside and quickly read the helm scroll before it disapears for a final 80,000 XP each.

Total XP = 285000 apiece.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 04:12 AM   #10
Nazgūl
Manshoon

when you talk to the demogorgon and talk to him about his "deal" he asks you to tell the cleric that the DG is dead. he will then go inside to check and will be killed. has anyone tried this?

------------------

and the sky will rain fire...
Nazgūl is offline   Reply With Quote